Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So we have a June 2022 Blue Manta booking for Komodo. Any way this is going to be a good idea? Is the port even open to tourists? If we get caught in a post arrival test we are ruined...and don't want to spend weeks on land waiting to go.
Should we just hope for something available in 2023? Get whatever $ we can back and give up until some year when things are the new stable?
As I wrote in my previous comments, no way to have the answers to your questions now. At the moment people from the UK, Norway and Denmark are not allowed to enter Indonesia. Quarantine will probably extended from 10 to 14 days. Personally I would be happy if the governemt would restrict all travel within Indonesia until we know what Omicron will do to the more than 60% of our population which did not have 2 shots yet.

I would be happy too if I knew that I could forget about that trip, move on. The indecision is bad.
40 percent of people in my country will never be vaccinated by choice. Many countries will need mRNA boosters. This is going to take a long time. I am sorry for industries that rely on flow of people but that's not necessarily wise now. Or maybe for years.

So we have a June 2022 Blue Manta booking for Komodo. Any way this is going to be a good idea? Is the port even open to tourists? If we get caught in a post arrival test we are ruined...and don't want to spend weeks on land waiting to go.
Should we just hope for something available in 2023? Get whatever $ we can back and give up until some year when things are the new stable?
At least Blue Manta would let you reschedule to the future trip.

So far, if you follow the Covid protocol religiously, your probability of contracting Covid-19 is low. I’ve been on 10 liveaboards & 1 dive resort during this pandemic (from December 2020 to today. I’m now on Rock Islands Aggressors. I was on Palau Aggressor II last week). SFSG. We got negative test at arrival in Koror & 5 days later after completed the quarantine on the boat. Fingers crossed for the last test on December 26, the day going home to US.

I would wait until April 2022 (2 months before the trip, when Blue Manta decides whether the trip is a go or not) and reschedule it to later date if the trip is NO GO.

I doubt if you can get any refund.

Good luck!

Interesting. So what covid protocol is there?
In Palau? They will test you once you are landed in Koror. If you’re tested negative, then they’ll give you a wristband to indicate that you are in 5-day quarantine stage. The other Covid protocols are same as in US, wearing mask when self distancing is not possible or indoors, wash your hands before touching things that are not yours, etc., while you are in town with the wristband, before boarding the boat. Once you are on the boat, away from the islanders, you are amongst yourself & the crews, you can relax the masking part. The crews are continuing wearing mask though. After 5 days in the liveaboard, the boat would sail back to the harbor and take you to the hospital for another Covid test. If you are still tested negative, then the nurse would cut off the wristband and then you are free to roam the island like the islanders.

What happens if someone tests positive upon landing?
After 5 days on the lob?

What happens if someone tests positive upon landing?
After 5 days on the lob?
They will be quarantined until they are tested negative. We have to be vaccinated to get there, so if we tested positive, it would not be seriously ill that would require hospitalization.

Aggressor has been in operation since September and has only 1 guest tested positive after the trip. The crews were quarantined too.

But quarantining means your dive trip is over. I don't think about death, I think about going all that way and not seeing anything. Sigh. Tough choice.

But quarantining means your dive trip is over. I don't think about death, I think about going all that way and not seeing anything. Sigh. Tough choice.
The odds of contracting Covid is low if you follow the protocol & are vaccinated. That’s the risk that I’m willing to take, including having travel insurance with Covid rider. This is the new normal of going on diving vacation. I hope things get better as Omicron seems to be weaker and becoming more dominant over Delta. I hope it’ll become like a flu.

We're boosted but coming on long flights thru airports, etc.i hope it gets like flu and people stop testing and quarantining. Low is what 5%I don’t feel lucky.

Back
Top Bottom