Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I’m in 99% of the fully vaccinated that have not getting a breakthrough, yet. By following all safety precautions (masking, distancing and hand hygiene), I would increase that percentage even higher.​

“…​

How common are breakthrough cases of COVID?​

A study in Washington state gathered data from over 4 million fully vaccinated people. The data showed a rate of about 1 in 5,000 experienced a breakthrough infection between January 17 and August 21, 2021. More recently, some populations have shown breakthrough infection rates of approximately 1 in 100 fully vaccinated people.

Is coronavirus after vaccination dangerous?​

Breakthrough coronavirus infections can cause mild or moderate illness, but the chances of serious COVID-19 are very low, especially for people who are not living with a chronic health condition.

The COVID-19 vaccines are very effective in keeping you from having to go to the hospital, being put on a ventilator or dying due to severe coronavirus disease, including COVID caused by the delta coronavirus variant.

How can I prevent breakthrough coronavirus infection?​

We advise that even fully vaccinated people continue to follow all safety precautions(masking, distancing and hand hygiene) while the COVID-19 pandemic continues….”

I guess I’m is in 99% of the fully vaccinated that have not getting a breakthrough, yet. By following all safety precautions (masking, distancing and hand hygiene), I would increase that number even higher.​

“…​

A study in Washington state gathered data from over 4 million fully vaccinated people. The data showed a rate of about 1 in 5,000 experienced a breakthrough infection between January 17 and August 21, 2021. More recently, some populations have shown breakthrough infection rates of approximately 1 in 100 fully vaccinated people.

Breakthrough coronavirus infections can cause mild or moderate illness, but the chances of serious COVID-19 are very low, especially for people who are not living with a chronic health condition.

The COVID-19 vaccines are very effective in keeping you from having to go to the hospital, being put on a ventilator or dying due to severe coronavirus disease, including COVID caused by the delta coronavirus variant.

We advise that even fully vaccinated people continue to follow all safety precautions(masking, distancing and hand hygiene) while the COVID-19 pandemic continues….”
I suspect that breakthrough is much more common than 1% if we include non symptomatic cases. Those aren’t usually picked up, except when testing is used as a screening process, as in travel, rather than as a diagnostic process, as in a clinic or hospital.

I guess I’m in 99% of the fully vaccinated that have not getting a breakthrough, yet. By following all safety precautions (masking, distancing and hand hygiene), I would increase that percentage even higher.​

“…​

We cannot know yet Dan. The above comment of you seems to be correct with what we know now. However, what will the protection 1 year after being vaccinated for example? People are talking about trips somewhere next year. For most of them the last shot will be longer than 8 months ago by then. Maybe it becomes standard to get a shot every year, or even twice for the most vulnerable. We simply cannot know yet.

I wrote this here 4 weeks ago. This is not a " told you so ". Or maybe, it is a little bit :wink:. But it shows that now again, with Omicron, we cannot jump to conclusions. Most of all it proves that holiday planning becomes very difficult. Indonesia has the rule now that everybody entering the country has to quarantine in a designated hotel for 10 days. The rule will be temporarily, but this is how fast rules can change. Hard to tell how foreign tourism to Indonesia will develop the coming years. Most costs can be covered by insurances, but this will against a price. Live a boards, resort and hotels will have to get used to the fact the most people will not be willing to pay non refundable deposits. Not easy to run a business.
15 Nov.:
Looking at the the current situation in Europe I understand one thing. As Micheal Osterholm said, this pandemic teaches us humility. It is sort of funny to read through the discussions of the last 18 months about Indonesia, tourism and Covid-19. How wrong we all have been most of the time. The times we were right it was just a lucky guess. The same is true for the coming years. We cannot look further than 1 month ahead. Regulations for quarantine upon arrival in Indonesia can change in very short time , international flight schedules are not reliable on the long term, domestic flight schedules are not reliable at all, regulations for quarantine upon returning in your home country can change within a couple of days. Local regulations and restrictions can change almost overnight. Known "unknowns" : how long and how well will the different vaccines, including Sinovac, protect against severe illness or death by Covid-19? How much and for how long do they protect against infecting others? What are the chances a new variant of concern will arrive?
Anybody of you can think of one reason why Indonesia not will have another surge of cases with many hospitalizations early 2022? At the moment (15 November 2021) 84 million people out of 277 million had 2 shots.
Why do I write this? Not to say: do not come. If you are fully vaccinated (means soon 3 shots) and take care, you probably will have very little risk to get sick of Covid-19 here. But a false positive test upon arrival or during your stay can ruin a your holiday experience a lot. If you want to come, be very welcome, but plan very flexible, and be prepared for the unexpected.

<<>>Hard to tell how foreign tourism to Indonesia will develop the coming years. Most costs can be covered by insurances, but this will against a price. Live a boards, resort and hotels will have to get used to the fact the most people will not be willing to pay non refundable deposits. Not easy to run a business.
15 Nov.:
<<>> Regulations for quarantine upon arrival in Indonesia can change in very short time , international flight schedules are not reliable on the long term, domestic flight schedules are not reliable at all, regulations for quarantine upon returning in your home country can change within a couple of days. Local regulations and restrictions can change almost overnight. Known "unknowns" : how long and how well will the different vaccines, including Sinovac, protect against severe illness or death by Covid-19? How much and for how long do they protect against infecting others? What are the chances a new variant of concern will arrive?<<>>
Misool posted to Instagram today - 627 days without international guests

High-end resorts and LABs seem to be booked solid from the new year. For example, Arenui seems sold out for 2022.

- High-end resorts and LABs seem to be booked solid from the new year. For example, Arenui seems sold out for 2022.-
I wonder if this is true. Or that these are mainly postponed old reservations.

- High-end resorts and LABs seem to be booked solid from the new year. For example, Arenui seems sold out for 2022.-

They gave credits and folks want two things

First - they want the diving - some of the best in the world

Second - Folks want value not credit

Dive Concepts is known for providing the best scuba diving services in Bali. They have four different dive centers at Tulamben, Amed, Pemuteran, and Nusa Lembongan. Here you can choose different dive courses and fun dive packages according to your need. To know more about their services you can call at- 62 812-3684-5440 or visit Dive Concepts Bali Diving – Best Dive Center Bali – 4 Bali Dive Shop.

Probably both and as pandemic time goes on, more & more rescheduling of 2020 trips being rescheduled to 2021 or 2022 and the rescheduling of 2020 to 2021 being rescheduled again to 2022 and 2023. So people get more PHD (piled higher and deeper).

From my personal experience, my August 2021 group trip to Sangalaki on Whire Manta was easily rescheduled to August 2022, however, my February 2022 group trip to Raja Ampat on Blue Manta is having problem finding open slots for 2023. Schedule for 2024 is not yet available. Sone of us decided to split from the group to get into 1 or 2 slots open in late 2022 or 2023.

So we have a June 2022 Blue Manta booking for Komodo. Any way this is going to be a good idea? Is the port even open to tourists? If we get caught in a post arrival test we are ruined...and don't want to spend weeks on land waiting to go.
Should we just hope for something available in 2023? Get whatever $ we can back and give up until some year when things are the new stable?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom