Travel to Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So we have a June 2022 Blue Manta booking for Komodo. Any way this is going to be a good idea? Is the port even open to tourists? If we get caught in a post arrival test we are ruined...and don't want to spend weeks on land waiting to go.
Should we just hope for something available in 2023? Get whatever $ we can back and give up until some year when things are the new stable?
1. Quarantine is required at the moment but the length of it changed regularly. How do you prepare for that?
2. Can you get any refund at all? Otherwise you just have to sit and wait and you won't be alone unfortunately.

Thailand is opened with only one day of 'quarantine' required, peak season in the west coast, but it is a long haul from US. Just remember thing can change quickly without warning.

Unfortunately:
Absolutely irresponsible.

Latest on Thailand:

1. We aren't going if there is incoming quarantine.
2. We are theoretically able to get deposit refund if we cancel in advance. But even if not, no point throwing more money at an uncertain situation.

1. We aren't going if there is incoming quarantine.
2. We are theoretically able to get deposit refund if we cancel in advance. But even if not, no point throwing more money at an uncertain situation.
1. At the moment it is 10 days. What will happen in the future is anybody's guess.
2. Get the refund and plan something new(no deposit required).

Good luck

Said it too early!!!!

Thanks for the info. The news doesn’t say quarantine for how many days and to be reviewed again by January 4.

I’m going to meet my relative in Phuket on Feb 15. So I need to add the quarantine days on top.

The flight to Phuket from Houston with Qatar Air is about $900, not bad. I guess I need to wait until Jan 4 before buying the flight tickets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom