Travel Insurance Heads Up (Allianz)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All,
I responded to Sarah with the details in a PM. I gotta give her a couple of points for reaching out and a few days to sort things. I will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,
Doug
You may want to phone her at the number she gave and advise her that she has a PM waiting with details.

You may want to phone her at the number she gave and advise her that she has a PM waiting with details.

I did call the number, its the standard call center for customer service & claims, and you get whoever the computer chooses. No way to find her if she is real or just a name they use. Claim status in their system is still pending. I expect it will take some time to work though the channels.

---------- Post added January 3rd, 2013 at 06:32 PM ----------

Just to tidy up the loose ends. Allianz (Sarah) informed me today they are paying the claim and the check is in the mail, or at least scheduled to be. Although my back and forth with them was not delightful and a bit frustrating, they came through and honored their contacts.

Lessons learned:

1) Document the heck out of everything related to the travel, don't try to put things together after the fact, it leave you exposed.
2) If you run in to a brick wall, start complaining. Eventually someone will listen and help. There are lots of ways to move things along.

Thanks Quero, Sarah and all the others.

Case Closed.

If traveling from Canada, I recommend RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) insurance. They are affordable and give no hassles when it comes to paying out. And SCUBA diving is covered. Probably why most of Canadian travel agents use them.
Bryan
SCUBA DESTINATION DEALS - HOME

I carry an annual travel policy with RBC and the highest DAN coverage. Apparently this will stand me well until I turn 60. At that time, if I'm understanding it correctly, can still get RBC coverage but will need to submit to some kind of medical. Oh well still have a while before need to concern myself about that. The main thing I gather is if one finds themselves with insurance underwritten by Manulife; that's where you could really get screwed over.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom