Travel from CUN - When to arrive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ljwillia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Morning -

Our flight leaves Cancun at 1:05 on Saturday 7/6. The van driver wants to pick us up in Playa at 9:45. That should get us to the airport approx. 2 hours before we leave. Is that enough time?

that should put you at the airport around 1030 if he drives like a human. if you get a driver like we had last trip, you might be there by 1015. haha actually a true story. we were not happy. asked several times for him to slow down. he was driving like a maniac. then when we arrived he wanted more money than what was agreed on. i politely told him to go f**k himself.

2 1/2 hrs is enough time as far as i'm concerned. many people go 3 hrs ahead. depends on the time of year i guess.

Is it a two hour drive? I'm thinking the bus does it in about an hour and a half with stops.

Edit:. Nevermind. I thought you were saying it would take you two hours to get there, not two hours ahead of time.

I think ADO lists the bus time as 1:15. Keep in mind there is only one highway there so if it gets blocked you are up a creek. I missed a flight one time even though I planned to be there 3 hours early because a really bad accident shut down the highway for awhile and it took 4 hours to get to the airport. There's just not much you can do about such an exceptional event though except fly out of CZM or stay in Cancun the night before. In our case, there were six of us and United charged us nothing to put us on the first flight out next morning and we got a hotel in downtown Cancun where we had to suffer through another night in Mexico by the pool with cold cervezas.

More than enough time to enjoy the crappy airport restaurants.

That's exactly what I hate about the bag drag. You just spent a week gorging on Mexican delights, and then you have to suffer the airport food while you wait for your flight. If I were a really savvy bag dragger, I'd have my driver stop at a taqueria so I could pick up a snack to eat at the airport.

That's exactly what I hate about the bag drag. You just spent a week gorging on Mexican delights, and then you have to suffer the airport food while you wait for your flight. If I were a really savvy bag dragger, I'd have my driver stop at a taqueria so I could pick up a snack to eat at the airport.

I've learned to be able to go 4 hours without eating.

I've learned to be able to go 4 hours without eating.

Wish our return day was 4 hours.

I choose a return flight with an adequate layover for customs/immigration, and it typically means a 12 hour trip. The last one was a bit of a nightmare, and was 14 hours.

When we're in Mexico, we generally avoid gringo food, so the hamburgers at Johnny Rockets, while expensive, taste pretty good.

Wish our return day was 4 hours.

I choose a return flight with an adequate layover for customs/immigration, and it typically means a 12 hour trip. The last one was a bit of a nightmare, and was 14 hours.

When we're in Mexico, we generally avoid gringo food, so the hamburgers at Johnny Rockets, while expensive, taste pretty good.

If you have breakfast/lunch in PDC between the ferry and the bus/taxi it only adds an hour longer to go without food than flying out of Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom