Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just made a new bunch of little black lights :) , they are cute and need good home.
adoption fee is $225 ea. shipped free is USA. extra battery is $20. Hard handle $10.

Sure i can send to MX, just PM me.

Got mine today. Pretty bright on land. Can't wait to try it in the water.

Is there a practical function for the battle spikes holding the lens on?

FWIW, I started chipping the lense shield on my light ( lots of hard rock in Lake Travis and I'm careless ). I bought something like this:

4560807TD - Matco-Norca 4560807TD - 2" x 1-1/2" Trap & Drain Coupling

I think it was a 1 3/4" - 1 1/2" but I'd have to measure. Basically I took a knife and cut it down to about 3/4" thick or so. I then slid this on over the light head and the plastic is now well protected.

I think I paid about $5-$10 at Home Depot.

I got one today. $5 at Lowes

The light is 2" OD but you want a 1.5" to 1.25" adapter and the 1.5" end is the right fit.

For whatever reason, do not get the 2" to 1.5" adapter. The 1.5" on the 2x1.5" is smaller than the 1.5" on the 1.5x1.25" probably due to "direction" of flow.

I have one light left from last batch.. .. can mail today!!

@TheRedDiver it sure is. anyone else get in line please, new batch will be here in a week.

-A

HoHoHo new batch is here! grab one today. $225 for a light and $20 for extra battery. pm me if you want one.

Have a last one left from this batch.. any loving home for this light?

Hey, Andrew...

Got the light, thanks very much! I will be sure to only keep one o-ring in place.

A few questions:

Q) Should I keep the spare O-ring in the bottom of the canister, below the battery, to prevent it from rattling, or is it better to keep it at home?
A) Keep it at home, i doubt you will ever need replacing it .

Q) If I want to put a bolt snap on the head, any special instructions for that? Put it on the cable, the strain reliever, or the metal portion of the head itself?
A) For standard DIR rigging:
1. Use cave line to tie a bolt snap to a body itself, threading line between heat ribs
2. for temporary loop tie it to strain relieve

Q) If I want a standard Goodman handle, any one that you would recommend? Or is the soft handle just as good...?
A) I quit using hard handle as soft is pretty rigid even in dry gloves., however bent piece of aluminium 3/4 flat stock from home depot works fine.

OxyCheq universal is a real nice soft handle if you feel you need to change it, though it comes from Andrew with a usable minimalist one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom