Travel DIR Scuba Canister LED Light 15 WT, 1000+ lumen DIR , LIIO, tight beam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Question from a can light n00b....I dive a Ranger BC. Any ideas on the best way to clip off the canister?

If you can't use the web loop as intended, you could likely but a bolt snap on the web, and use a d-ring (assuming you have one). It just won't be as stable for locating.

I just looked at the Ranger pictures. Perhaps remove the web loop on the can light, and re-install it on the waist strap on the BC. It only takes a screw driver or a nut driver to undo the hose clamp. It will be "semi-permanent". I think that is how I'd do it...

Sorry guys was busy building more lights. so i'll pile all answers here :)
again disclaimer, this is TRAVEL and DIR light.

- how to order, paypal $235 to andrewy@lasdorf.com add $20 for extra battery (i would) takes about 2-3 weeks with tests and shipping
- Can it be used for sidemount?, sure but you need longer cable so ask me if this what you want.
- Hard handle vs soft (i tried them both, i think soft handle is rigid enough besides it is a travel light:)
- Attaching to bc. Simplest way would be to make a hole in attached webbing (heated nail works) and then use double ender to attach to d ring

P.S. i have new batch in the oven , ready to ship.

Last one from this batch. $235 plus $20 for a battery.

Last one from this batch. $235 plus $20 for a battery.

I just paid via paypal

---------- Post added September 27th, 2013 at 12:47 AM ----------

Can't tell you guys what a great light this is. I dove with my son and all my Nite Rider (HID and Hallogen) and this light jsut kicks the hell out of all of them. Out of my UK Light Canon too. Not sure what to say. At $235 (new) and $185 (the used one I bought from another board member last week) there is nothing that compares, nothing new or used. I almost bought a Light Monkey 35w on this board too; why after using this one? Pocketed $850 and did not have to deal with cheap penny pinching sellers who are foul spirited and don't know how to value used equipment. GREAT LIGHT UNTOUCHABLE at this price.

new batch is here! horaaaaay! send your orders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom