Travel BPW Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If this is the case and the OP wants to do single tank warm water travel diving and he already has the HOG 32 lb wing with stabilizer bars why not just get the HOG single aluminum plate (less than 100 dollars) and he has the perfect "Travel BPW" ?
I am not familiar with HOG, I only mentioned those things in this case because I am familiar with. If the HOG single plate is a bent plate with the raised center channel then what does that accomplish for keeping the set compact and low profile? Do you have a link to the HOG singles plate?

James

I am not familiar with HOG, I only mentioned those things in this case because I am familiar with. If the HOG single plate is a bent plate with the raised center channel then what does that accomplish for keeping the set compact and low profile? Do you have a link to the HOG singles plate?

James

FWIW, I use a DGX backplate and it has the typical raised/channel in the center. The HOG has the same basic shape. I don't use an STA and it still is plenty secure - the profile is fine.

FWIW, I use a DGX backplate and it has the typical raised/channel in the center. The HOG has the same basic shape. I don't use an STA and it still is plenty secure - the profile is fine.

You asked me why (post #50) I gave the response that I did (post #49) and I answered your question (post #51). I appreciate that you have a different preference than do I. I do not like a raised channel doubles plate for single tank use. I have seen a few W channel plates and was hoping that the Hog plate you were recommending might be such.

James

And extremely difficult to remove in an emergency. Would need to slice the straps and let the rig sink to the bottom.
It is really no more difficult than any other system, and if it is properly set up it could be removed single handed in mere seconds, as i have seen and trained many times. Also if you would so kind as to list the emergencies where you would need to remove the rig and how the xdeep system would impede that and other rigs would be fine???

DGX has an open and valve SMB. Look for the one with the duck bill. Duck bill SMBs seal themselves. The plastic connector is problematic (I have found it difficult to inflate when using a inflator hose). The steel is good for inflator hoses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom