Travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI,
I don't dive often, once a year, get around 30 dives in.
Can anyone comment on this setup please ?
DeepOutdoors Travel Minimalist Pro BCD / SCUBA / Buoyancy Control Device / Wing

Are they any good ? hardwearing ? robust ?
Thanks in advance

That's a lot of BC and the wing (45to 55lbs) is way too big for single tank diving.
The biggest wing you need for single tank diving is 30 lb.
Look at the Dive Rite Hydro Lite BCD, it's a true travel BC.

I can get that setup for about $120USD in mint condition.
Would it be a good buy ? is it robust ?

Another option is the Aqualung Rogue: Rogue: dive BCD | Aqualung®

Weighs 5 lbs., very comfortable and very easy to pack. It essentially packs flat if you remove the straps and waist belt and then click back together when you get to your destination.

I can get that setup for about $120USD in mint condition.
Would it be a good buy ? is it robust ?
Whether you talking about the Dive Rite or the Deep Outdoors, you said in mint condition, which I assume means used. If that's the case it's way to much money for a used BC.
If you are talking about the Dive Rite, they have been in business for a very long time and make high quality gear. The only thing I might do is replace the bottom velcro tank strap with a proper tank cam band.
You can get a brand new one from Dive Gear Express for $619 US. I don't think it would cost an additional $581 to ship it to you.
There is also a bunch of Dive Rite dealers in the UK. Look at the Dive Rite Dealer locator page on their website

Whether you talking about the Dive Rite or the Deep Outdoors, you said in mint condition, which I assume means used. If that's the case it's way to much money for a used BC.
If you are talking about the Dive Rite, they have been in business for a very long time and make high quality gear. The only thing I might do is replace the bottom velcro tank strap with a proper tank cam band.
You can get a brand new one from Dive Gear Express for $619 US. I don't think it would cost an additional $581 to ship it to you.
There is also a bunch of Dive Rite dealers in the UK. Look at the Dive Rite Dealer locator page on their website
$120 is way too much money???

I'm talking about the DeepOutdoors Travel Minimalist Pro BCD / SCUBA / Buoyancy Control Device / Wing.

I'm talking about the DeepOutdoors Travel Minimalist Pro BCD / SCUBA / Buoyancy Control Device / Wing.
Any amount of money is too much if it's not the proper BC for your needs. You won't be happy diving with it.

Back
Top Bottom