Travel Agents steering away from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveborg:
Ron, I think it is still a very small minority of the cruising population that dives, either with the ship's contract operator or their own dive op.

I would have to disagree.. I have met MANY divers on the cruise ship from all over...It has increased. I never use the cruise ship dive package because I want to get three dives and not be on a crowded boat...

Seriously, it is cheap from Houston to take a cruise and have three dive destinations set up before you even leave land. Much cheaper to take a cruise then fly pay for a hotel food etc... My cruise only cost 360.00 per person cheaper then a flight only to Cozumel...I have been taking 5-7 day cruises at the least twice a year for the last 7 years. It is cheap and a nice little get away.

Mawg:
Gordon, I think we covered the " difference " in diving Coz in the winter already. This person from Detroit only underscores the point I was trying to make. Now, on to something MUCH MORE important, tonights game.

Score : TEXAS ...... 41 , Southern Cal ...... 27. HOOK EM!!
Well you had Texas right - on the button!!! Way to go Longhorns!!! National Champs!!!!

HOOK 'EM!!!!​

THAT's the Texas football I remember!!

That's all I have to say :D Viejo...you out there :wink:

SteveDiver:
Seriously, it is cheap from Houston to take a cruise and have three dive destinations set up before you even leave land. Much cheaper to take a cruise then fly pay for a hotel food etc... My cruise only cost 360.00 per person cheaper then a flight only to Cozumel...I have been taking 5-7 day cruises at the least twice a year for the last 7 years. It is cheap and a nice little get away.

Hey Steve, if you are who I think you are, we dove Twin Lakes together last July. The cruise talk rings a bell.

At $360 I would agree, that's cheaper than a Flower Gardens trip. Where are you finding those prices? The only problem I would have is the time. The FG trips are 2 days and can be done over the weekend, and you can get in 6 or 7 dives. But have a strong chance of getting blown out.

Out of Galveston, what's the best cruise boat and itinerary for max diving?

We just got back fom Coz a month ago and there is some truth to this.

Some travel agents do suck... and really bad I might add.
The government is detering some cruises becuase they either have to use Coz tenders or pay a ransom in fees to use the few existing docks left.
There is some sand on the coral.
The town is noticably roughed up in places but rebuilding rather quickly in my opinion, maybe even much faster than New Orleans.
And the place is hopping with activity and the beauty of it all is that alot of people are NOT going there making it somewhat quaint at relaxing in areas that would normally be flooded with tourists of all kinds.

SteveDiver:
I would have to disagree.. I have met MANY divers on the cruise ship from all over...It has increased. I never use the cruise ship dive package because I want to get three dives and not be on a crowded boat...

What are you disagreeing with? Even if what you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt you), it is still a small fraction of the folks on any given cruise ship who dive (and, BTW, that's a good thing, IMO), and a small fraction of the divers out on the reefs on any given day who are there on a cruise ship.

If a cruise ship comes in and puts an extra 1000 divers in the water, I want to know about it so I'm not diving that day. ;^)

Originally Posted by ggunn
If a cruise ship comes in and puts an extra 1000 divers in the water, I want to know about it so I'm not diving that day. ;^)

What an exageration!
It's not possible with Carnival Corperation, At most there will only be 5-7 Carnival Corp ships in that area at any given time and the excurion limits are like 20 peeps. So like, at most you would only be surrounded by a couple hundred. Now does that not sound much more appealing :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom