Travel Agents steering away from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics Antonio, makin me homesick and they perfectly illustrate your message. I am so very proud of the people of Cozumel and how they picked up the pieces and put things back together and got on with their lives. Cant say the same for the " victims " here in Houston who are still waiting for the Govt. fix all their problems for them and " rebuild " N.O. When people ask me if I donated money to the hurricane victims I say " No, but I did send money to my friends in Cozumel." They deserved it. I'm comin to see you Antonio when I get back to Coz in May.

detroit diver:
You're absolutely right about the damage that 150mph winds can do to any city. I don't doubt that people are working their butts off to fix up the place, but to my eyes it still looks like a disaster area.

I came there to dive. And the diving wasn't so good.

Sorry you don't like my way of seeing things, but I don't sugar coat to be a "white knight".

I truly hope that things return to whatever was "normal" back then. But it ain't even close now.

For all of the rest of you- Cozumel is perfect. There is no sand on the corals. The boats pull right up to the piers. You can choose whatever hotel you want to stay in, and take your pick of restaurants. Life is good. Click your heels 3 times and .....

Yeah, well, I'm sorry Cozumel didn't live up to your expectations, but maybe it wouldn't have in any case. Cozumel is not everyone's cuppa. I assure you that I will manage to have a great time there next week, though, irrespective of the things that you are whining about.

And as a matter of fact, I can pick the hotel I want to stay in, as well as where I want to eat. Life is good for me, sorry about you, though... ;^)

Gordon, I think we covered the " difference " in diving Coz in the winter already. This person from Detroit only underscores the point I was trying to make. Now, on to something MUCH MORE important, tonights game.

Score : TEXAS ...... 41 , Southern Cal ...... 27. HOOK EM!!

Mawg:
Gordon, I think we covered the " difference " in diving Coz in the winter already. This person from Detroit only underscores the point I was trying to make. Now, on to something MUCH MORE important, tonights game.

Score : TEXAS ...... 41 , Southern Cal ...... 27. HOOK EM!!

I like that score! Is it a lock? ;^)

" Is it a lock "

Absolutely! We'll get to Leinart and disrupt the flow of their offense. They will score points and probably lead at the half. Our special teams will get to their punter and hopefully force a turnover. Their defense is nowhere near as good as it was last year. We will score on them and as usual, have a strong second half. Or I could be completely full of excrement and they'll kick the crap out of us. But, I dont think so. Look for Vince to have the game of his life.

Hey, on the day after Wilma finally left Cozumel, it still looked ten times better than any part of Detroit on its' best day. And, I've been to Detroit, once.

Mawg:
Hey, on the day after Wilma finally left Cozumel, it still looked ten times better than any part of Detroit on its' best day. And, I've been to Detroit, once.

<chortle>

ggunn:
I don't mean to speak for Christi, but I believe that she meant that far and away more divers dive Cozumel from a land base than come in on the cruise ships.

I hear ya Gord and Christi....Personally,I think land locked people like myself with the only option in the winter is a frozen lake to dive in and muddy lake in the summer to dive in REALLY support the dive industry both local and travel.

But...lately I have seen more and more people doing "dive cruises" and could possibly be a new trend or an old trend being rediscovered. I too would like to try the cruise ship dive thing just once...to see what it's like,and I'm not talking Blackbeards.

Ron

USC 38, Texas 17

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom