Travel Agents steering away from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuip:
Nevis Diver:
DiverG:
It would even be nicer see the way Cozumel was 20 or 25 years ago.
I'm not a dive op. I would think the good ones will have a good business but you may be able to get in as a single or possibly a couple. Don't try to book six for a sixpack boat 2 weeks before arrrival.

Thanks for the response. Well, the reason for my question was not to book a trip but to understand how the number of tourists on the island relates to the dive ops being full.

The cruise ship folks are great for the island, if they would spend money, and I don't see them really directly impacting the dive ops. We divers don't usually spend much time in town during the day since we are in the water so we miss the cruisers.

My point is how to maintain the "quaintness" of the island everyone seems to long for with having enough people to keep the good dive ops going.

Just thoughts, ramble, ramble...onward through the fog.

Nevis Diver:
kuip:
Nevis Diver:
Thanks for the response. Well, the reason for my question was not to book a trip but to understand how the number of tourists on the island relates to the dive ops being full.

The cruise ship folks are great for the island, if they would spend money, and I don't see them really directly impacting the dive ops. We divers don't usually spend much time in town during the day since we are in the water so we miss the cruisers.

My point is how to maintain the "quaintness" of the island everyone seems to long for with having enough people to keep the good dive ops going.

Just thoughts, ramble, ramble...onward through the fog.

There are a lot of nice things about Coz but quaint has not been one of them for a long time. Now that I think of it, I don't know where in the Caribbean you'll find quaint anymore?

pilot fish:
Now that I think of it, I don't know where in the Caribbean you'll find quaint anymore?
Plenty of places, but fewer people know of them 'cause they're quaint...

Damselfish:

ohhhh, thanks, that WAS funny. Would one consdier Statia, Saba, Bequia, Sombrero or Dominica quaint?

Only one of those I've been to is Bequia - I'd consider it kind of quaint. Of course quaint is almost by definition one of those "in the eye of the beholder" things.

Damselfish:
Only one of those I've been to is Bequia - I'd consider it kind of quaint. Of course quaint is almost by definition one of those "in the eye of the beholder" things.

I've only been to one as well, Saba. Did you like Bequia, island and diving?

pilot fish:
I've only been to one as well, Saba. Did you like Bequia, island and diving?
I did like Bequia and will return sometime. The rest you mention are on my list. I've been wanting to do this trip, but they only run it 1-2 times per year and the dates never seem to work. :(

Damselfish:

quaint - Charmingly odd, especially in an old-fashioned way

Okay, quaint ain't the word (couldn't resist)

I guess I mean a slower paced place without obnoxious loud and messy tourists. After all, we divers NEVER get LOUD !

BTW, I would call Nevis quaint......

pilot fish:
....I don't know where in the Caribbean you'll find quaint anymore?
I'll submit that Little Cayman and to a lesser extent, Cayman Brac would both qualify as "quaint". The diving is pretty good there too with little else to do. A perfect vacation destination for a scuba trip.

Damselfish:
I did like Bequia and will return sometime. The rest you mention are on my list. I've been wanting to do this trip, but they only run it 1-2 times per year and the dates never seem to work. :(
That would be an excellent trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom