Travel Agents steering away from Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish:
I did like Bequia and will return sometime. The rest you mention are on my list. I've been wanting to do this trip, but they only run it 1-2 times per year and the dates never seem to work. :(

Cuan Law is an ecellent liveabord but a bit pricey, especially if you are traveling alone. You would really like Saba.

diveborg:
I'll submit that Little Cayman and to a lesser extent, Cayman Brac would both qualify as "quaint". The diving is pretty good there too with little else to do. A perfect vacation destination for a scuba trip.

yes, that's what I hear. It's on my short list, 20 places long :)

pilot fish:
Cuan Law is an ecellent liveabord but a bit pricey, especially if you are traveling alone.
Fortunately I'm married to my dive buddy.

Damselfish:
Fortunately I'm married to my dive buddy.

My wife does not dive. No way I could subject her to a liveaboard. Worse fates have been endured, to be sure, but she is just not a water person :(

Damselfish:
I did like Bequia and will return sometime. The rest you mention are on my list. I've been wanting to do this trip, but they only run it 1-2 times per year and the dates never seem to work. :(

I just did the Cuan Law at the beginning of December and it was fabulous!

We had the whole boat chartered and had hoped to do the Anegada and Sombrero Island itineraries, but the conditions were too rough around the north side so we stayed in the channel the whole week. It was still an amazing trip and well worth every penny. It's no more expensive than most other livaboards really and when you think that this price includes all of your meals, snacks, beverages, accommodations, and diving...it's really not that much more than you would spend on a land based trip to Cozumel. Airfare can be pricey...but that's what FF miles are for :)

I am still working on my trip report and pictures from my trip...my goal is to get them all finished and posted by the end of next week :)

My husband and I dove with Deep Blue exactly one year ago. It was our third trip to Cozumel. On previous trips we had wanted to dive the Palancar caves but the dive ops we were with never could get enough of a group together to justify going there. Last year we found Deep Blue and they said it wouldn't be a problem and it wasn't. They are top notch, and most divers that use them are experienced and great to dive with. I learn something new every time I dive!
- Cleone

tahitisweeti:
My husband and I dove with Deep Blue exactly one year ago. It was our third trip to Cozumel. On previous trips we had wanted to dive the Palancar caves but the dive ops we were with never could get enough of a group together to justify going there. Last year we found Deep Blue and they said it wouldn't be a problem and it wasn't. They are top notch, and most divers that use them are experienced and great to dive with. I learn something new every time I dive!
- Cleone

Palancar Caves is a very nice sight. I'm confused as to why you say "the dive ops we were with never could get enough of a group together to justify going there." This is a standard/routine dive that every dive shop will do. It is not a remote sight nor is it considered a special advanced dive.

Christi:
Palancar Caves is a very nice sight. I'm confused as to why you say "the dive ops we were with never could get enough of a group together to justify going there." This is a standard/routine dive that every dive shop will do. It is not a remote sight nor is it considered a special advanced dive.

I used to dive with Deep Blue years ago...they were allways kinda funny about going to certain sites.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom