Travel Advisory Southern Cebu - Travel Insurance Void

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am due to go on a dive trip around Southern Cebu and have just found out that my travel insurance (which covers diving) will be voided by the Travel Advisory which is currently place for Southern Cebu. I am still trying to get clarity which this includes the whole trip I have booked or only covers the time I spend in Southern Cebu, however, it is very clear that my dive trip will not be covered by my insurance. Does anyone know whether I can take out local dive insurance which will cover me regardless of travel advisories? Thank you very much for any advice experts of the region can give.

I am not sure that to pretend you are a US citizen in orther to get a insurance is a good idea. In case of any "claim" insurances are extremelly good at finding reason not to pay. This "lie" would pretty fast jump @ your face .

Obviously not freewillow - I was checking if they had continued coverage for US Citizens to Cebu, I know they haven't cancelled coverage for Aus citizens. Just a check - I insure myself as myself wherever I travel on all occasions.

- I just noticed OP is from UK not US - if I'd have noticed that would've posted link for U.K. Travellers. My mistake.

YEP, don't worry. Most of us read diagonally :)

Thank you very much for all the responses, yes, to confirm, I am a UK resident. I had a look at Nomad but while they do cover the Philippines, there is an exclusion which says that "no cover is provided under any section of the policy if I choose to travel to a destination to which the FCO has advised against all or all but essential travel".

I'll try DAN, maybe I get lucky there. Otherwise I may very reluctantly have to change plans... Diving without insurance cover is not a risk I am willing to take.

Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom