Travel Advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey MurkyRockDiver

Sometimes you have to travel far to enjoy some great and warm diving. I am also a fellow Eastern Canadian. I am in Halifax, NS and I organize a trip every year to the Red Sea in Egypt. Which is one of the best diving there is. Check out the following link for more info on my upcoming trip and if you are interested then contact me. Atlantic Adventure Divers - Dive Into The Ancient World: The best way to dive the Red Sea & discover Egypt trip

Ahmed Nassrat
Owner/President
Atlantic Adventure Divers
Atlantic Adventure Divers - Atlantic Adventure Divers

you should check out this site called colorful places . com

check this site out it helped me alot with my travel plans :)

there's a site called colorful places. Its so useful with travel guide information...do a search engine for that site and you can find out more!

Good luck :)

Another option is Dominican Republic. Lots of direct flights from Canada. Dirt cheap too.

Diving is warm water is over-rated. Ain't worth the hassle.

Seriously, look into Cozumel. I live in the USA a few hours south of Toronto. It is cheaper for us to fly to Cozumel for a week rather than to fly down to the Flordia Keys for a week.

The diving in Mexico is better, as are the margaritas and cervezas. It's also safer than the USA and the people are nicer.

the easiest and cheapest and most life i have seen was Roatan & utilia but roatan is a easier flight in. Fantasy Island is my favorite but some like Anthony keys. either way you will see some strange and wonderful fish. the island is safe

So I have been diving for some time now and the warmest water I have dove in is 57 F, most of the time its 40 F or way less. When it gets this warm it is really nice so lately I have been getting the bug to go south and try out warm water diving.

I am on the east coast of Canada so am looking for your advise on where to go that’s not to far, I was thinking east coast US or the Islands .

What would you all suggest? I like wreck diving (but doesn't have to be) and would like to keep it in the no deco range.

Any suggestions are welcome and if you have diving costs that would help :)

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll try here. Back in October I did a 2 week trip between Saba and Statia. Getting out of Statia Winair claimed there was weather and the plane was late (sunny with a light breeze on the island). So all bags were left behind to follow us. Of course my bag with my new DiveRite Travel BC, my Dive Caddy bag, and misc. stuff got lost. 3 months later I get a call from Customs in Miami. They have my bag and got it sent to me the very same day they called. All the gear is in great shape. The Customs officer said the bag had been in a cage for 3 months. I had gotten a call a couple of days before, from the same agent I believe, but he didn't leave a name or number so I started calling customs offices in Miami. One guy told me in no uncertain terms that customs does not hold onto bags, so much for what he knows. Anyway, the moral is to mark all your gear inside your bag with luggage tags. I failed to mention that my fins which were originally in my Dive Caddy somehow arrived to my my home airport in a plastic bag. How this happened no one will ever know.:D

Back
Top Bottom