TrashFest '09 - Oct 3rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crap.... I knew I forgot something......:rain:

Is there a dive shop in New Braunfels that can rainproof my gear before tomorrow? My dive shop ran out of rainproofing materials last night. :depressed:

Is there a dive shop in New Braunfels that can rainproof my gear before tomorrow? My dive shop ran out of rainproofing materials last night. :depressed:
My stuff is still rusty from the last rain!

All the spring fed stuff in central Tx is pretty much 72F year round. Of course there are springs that are exceptions to that, but that's the ambient ground temp at depth. Right now with the lake you start warmer and work your way down to colder. The Comal is a sudden shock. Next time bring your dry suit. :D

I show 73 on my computer. I would have guessed around 78 though.

All the spring fed stuff in central Tx is pretty much 72F year round. Of course there are springs that are exceptions to that, but that's the ambient ground temp at depth. Right now with the lake you start warmer and work your way down to colder. The Comal is a sudden shock. Next time bring your dry suit. :D

Yeah, I had heard that all that rain may have warmed the river up a few degrees, and a few divers I asked said it felt warmer than normal.

A lot of pictures were taken, so I would imagine they will be showing up early this week. Allot of the divers are out on The Gian Stride today.

Last edited:
Did anyone get the actual temp of the water? I would like to be able to equate how cold I felt to a temp.

I also have a steady 73 degrees while diving Saturday.

group 2.jpg

FLUSS RATTANS
The Best Team !!! JMHO :D

It was a fun day, rain and all ! Several on our team extended our fun by diving Lake Travis Sunday. Thanks to all for a fun weeked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom