TrashFest '08 - Oct 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im going to pre-register the team cause Im all about saving 10 bucks

Wait a minute! We gotta pay to pick up their trash for them!? :11: That's almost as bad as being one of those folks on the side of the hwy picking up garbage for community service hours...not that I have firsthand experience! :rofl3:

I'd guess that's part of how they get the 10,000 dollars worth of stuff to give away. Plus, they've got to pay people to do such a great PR job over there!

Wait a minute! We gotta pay to pick up their trash for them!? :11: That's almost as bad as being one of those folks on the side of the hwy picking up garbage for community service hours...not that I have firsthand experience! :rofl3:

Suck it up ya big baby, its cheap and were so gonna win...5 bucks isnt alot for first prize :D

LMWB...sign me up. As of now I have no plans that far in advanced. I have been told I need more experience picking up trash. Practice makes perfect you know.

LMWB...sign me up. As of now I have no plans that far in advanced. I have been told I need more experience picking up trash. Practice makes perfect you know.

Okay so heres the new list...

LMWB - Silt Sifter
Kvalve - Watergod
Nathan - LMs lessor half
Matt - "Frank"

To Mack, yuppers hence why I may not get my Melissa with me, you buddy stealer you :shakehead: BTW Ill be in tomorrow at 10, gotta get gear :D

TX sucks so tivo the game and dive instead:D

Put that on your sig line.

PVILLE, maybe your should be on her team and get some of that gear that she is picking up from Mack.:eyebrow:

I agree that it is a bit of sacrilege having it on Texas OU weekend. Maybe they should provide screens to watch the game on and then cleanup after (no cleanup before, gotta have beer while watching the game).

Pville, I don't know why you have so much animosity but let me clear up some of the blatant false accusations.

- Registration fees have been cut in half for this year. Don't think of it as paying to clean up trash. Think of it as a contribution to your BBQ dinner and FREE BEER. Your entry fee barely covers the banquet costs. Our goal is to transform this into a fully sponsored event with free shirts for everyone. See post #2.

- Entry fees do not go towards door prizes. Every single door prize was a donation from a sponsor.

- Trashfest organizers (I operate the website) are not paid one penny, nor even reimbursed for our motel room or travel expenses. The persons organizing the event change every year or two.

- I recall seeing no emails from you or anyone on the matter of which day to hold the event. Figuring you would include "University SCUBA club" in your signature line, I scanned for the text in every mailbox/folder we have with no results.

- If you consider our emails to be SPAM then PM me your email address and I will ensure it gets removed. Every participant email address we have was obtained voluntarily from the registration forms.

- The event date will not change this year. Too many materials have been sent out. We would be willing to hold the event on a Sunday if it produced better results but I think it is obvious that Saturday is much better. For one thing, over half of our participants come from Houston and holding it on Sunday would mean either skipping the awards banquet, making a 3 hour drive late at night after the awards banquet (and FREE BEER, I don't think so), or staying over Sunday night and needing to miss time from work on Monday.

Personally, I would like to see it be an all weekend event with some type of activity on Sunday.

Todd Hasken
TGCC Vice-President

Suck it up ya big baby, its cheap and were so gonna win...5 bucks isnt alot for first prize :D

Well, all right...since you're guaranteeing a win!!:wink:

Well, all right...since you're guaranteeing a win!!:wink:

I am only making the guarantee if we win, I at anytime after losing can recant and blame you for not doing your share :blinking:

I love trash talking ... pun intended :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom