TrashFest '08 - Oct 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi Boy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Put the date on your calendar - Oct 4th is TrashFest in New Braunfels.

Come take part in the oldest underwater clean up event in the country, enjoy a fun day of diving and an after-party BBQ with some great door prizes, too. Last year's participants took home over $10,000 in door prizes.

All the low-down can be found at the TrashFest website.

Let your dive buddies, dive clubs, and dive shops know as well.

Hope to see you there!

While TrashFest is largely funded by the Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive Clubs, a key factor in the success of the program is support from private sector sponsors. Please consider becoming a TrashFest 2008 sponsor!

Your support will make a difference in the environment while providing valuable exposure for your business. This year, we expect to attract 400 divers—along with their friends and family that will attend the awards BBQ— as well as hundreds of state and local consumers. In the past, businesses like yours have donated much needed funding to support TrashFest activities, as well as t-shirts, trips, dive equipment, gift cards, and other wonderful prizes to be given away at the BBQ.

We are looking for sponsors at all levels. If you elect to sponsor at the bronze level or higher, we offer the opportunity to include marketing materials, promotional materials, coupons, etc. in the diver welcome packet given to all participants on the day of the event.

For more information, please email me at sponsorship@tgccdiving.org or visit the TrashFest website: Texas Gulf Coast Council of Dive Clubs.

Thanks!
:scubadive Joanne

I'm excited to report that donations are starting to come in!! Yay!

I'd like to thank Olympus Dive Center, Blue XT-Sea Diving, and CHUM for their generous donations.

Can't wait to update the list as more items arrive! :D

STOP DOING IT ON THE TX-OU SATURDAY! Maybe here would be a great place to do a survey seeing if it would be more successful to do on a Saturday or Sunday, instead of feeding me the same line-o-crap every time you spam my inbox 6 months ahead of time!

I just added it to the TSD calendar.

STOP DOING IT ON THE TX-OU SATURDAY! Maybe here would be a great place to do a survey seeing if it would be more successful to do on a Saturday or Sunday, instead of feeding me the same line-o-crap every time you spam my inbox 6 months ahead of time!

TX sucks so tivo the game and dive instead:D

Well for those of us who don't have a clue when the Texas-OU game is (yes, I know I just spoke blasphemy :wink:) the Trashfest is an awesome time. We had a blast, and our group from Scuba Steve's in Tyler won several prizes, and the beer was cold, bbq tasty, and fellowship was fun. Cool people all around, lots of friendly folks. Oh yeah, we cleaned the river too. I definitely plan to make this event part of my yearly dive log. It was a girl trip, also, with Foo2, so we had a blast. Gotta get more Swampdivers attending this event, it really is fun and you feel good about helping the river, the old gal sure needs it after toober season.

Kevin, you certainly have a way with words...

I've been emailing them every year, and I've had no response. I figured if I shared it, someone out there would feel the same way. I mean, come on, some of you are EaTmE fans, Rear.. I mean RED raider fans, or even Mobilehoma fans, and it's football season. I would think if nothing else, it might be curteous to have the event on a Sunday for greater turnout. Would that not be a good idea? BUT once again, the crew from Trashfest will sweep this one under the rug and not consider input on how to make the event better. Until then, viva LTUC.

Kevin, you certainly have a way with words...

Speaking of which, We need 3 more people for our team, maybe 5 as I dont have a commitment from Chris and Melissa since its so far out... So far we have

LMWB - Silt sifter
Kvalve - Watergod
Nathan - LMWBs lessor half (hope he doesnt have a user name on here :D)

Im going to pre-register the team cause Im all about saving 10 bucks, without over planning and crap just let me know if ya need a team to be on and Ill set up a reminder about a month before hand. Im a new diver so any other newbies who think they cant do it, suck it up and pm me, we can suck together:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom