Transportation to Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dd64

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Heading to Cancun soon, our package included transfers to and from hotel but have heard that you have to wait at airport for bus to fill and it sometimes takes awhile. Just checked and for $67.50 I can get direct transportation roundtrip to and from hotel. Anyone had any experience with this and can shed some light on it, please let me know.

When we go to Cancun, we always reserve a round trip with Thomas Moore. I think we paid about $20 a head, but it was only going to VCI and the Royals. It was a van and we had to wait but not long. I think the longest we had to wait was like 15 to 20 minutes. Nice vans, well air conditioned, so it wasn't a big deal. I could use the extra $40 for Dos XX and Margaritas! :D

Private is about right for that price. I've never had any trouble with our transportation.

DO you ever have problem with getting sick due to the water there? Many people have warned us about that but not sure what to do.

The water and ice in the resorts is safe, if you don't want to drink water poured in a glass just ask for bottled water. The tourist business is king in places like Cancun and Playa Del Carmen, the resorts wouldn't be very successful if they made their guests sick on bad water.

All the ice in Mexico is safe, each town has its own "ice plant" that uses purified water. Some of the larger resorts also have purified water from the taps. Some, but not all!

Also, the bus that will transfer you is not a greyhound. Shouldn't take that long to get you to the resort. Save the $67.5 and buy bottled water.

Heading to Cancun soon, our package included transfers to and from hotel but have heard that you have to wait at airport for bus to fill and it sometimes takes awhile. Just checked and for $67.50 I can get direct transportation roundtrip to and from hotel. Anyone had any experience with this and can shed some light on it, please let me know.

Which hotel are you staying at? Sometimes its not the wait for the departure from the airport but the time it takes to stop off at 20 other hotels before yours.

Drink bottled water while you are here. Don't worry about the ice, even every local that I know only uses ice from bottled water. If you would like a glass of water while at a restraunt then ask for water from the garrafon if you don't want to pay for a bottle of water. If they can, the waiter will bring it to you, though most places will tell you its not availble so you will have to pay for the bottle.

As far as I know all the major hotels here have filtering systems on thier water, but I would still stick to water from a bottle - you will see the large 20 l (garrafon) set up in many places.

Remember if you have diaria, most of the time it's not from something you ate but from a lack of drinking water. Force yourself to drink a litre in the morning at lunch and at dinner as a minimum.

Dennis

thanks for your info. We will be staying at Rui Palace Las Americas

thanks for your info. We will be staying at Rui Palace Las Americas

Your hotel is in the HOtel zone in Cancun. I don't think you would have much more than 1 hour from the time you leave the airport till the time you arrive at your hotel.

If you take a taxi, the cost would be around $25.00 for the trip.

Have fun in Cancun

A word of advice: Walk directly through the terminal to the departure area outside. The people inside the terminal will try to convince you that all travelers must stop at their kiosk. Then they try to sell you a timeshare. Wasted a good 15 minutes before the scam became apparent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom