transportation from Cancun to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mihrl

Reaction score
In the past, we've gone down to Playa Del Carmen and taken the ferry to Cozumel. Is there an easier way? I was hoping we could fly from Cancun to Cozumel, but our travel agent says it can't be done on the day we fly into Cancun (Feb. 17).

Thanks,
Marge

Find a new travel agent that will get you in to Cozumel Direct. Mexicana and Continental are the two I can think of first. In fact drop Alaska into Cancun. Go over to Denver and grap Continental. Didn't even need a travel agent to tell you that.

on CZM

We're using our American Airlines frequent flier miles, and our flight has already been booked. So . . . any suggestions?

Brian Gilpin:

I used this link for research in helping a friend get to Cozumel CZM next weekend, in that we could not find a cheap fare to CZM at the time, but we could find one to Cancun CUN.

However, American and Continental - listed on that site - now say that they do not have the flights. Mexicana lists two flights:

11:00 am Depart Cancun (CUN)
Arrive Cozumel (CZM) 11:25 am Sat 24-Jan

8:05 pm Depart Cancun (CUN)
Arrive Cozumel (CZM) 8:30 pm Sat 24-Jan

Since he arrives at 1:25pm, he'd have a 6 hour wait before flying to CZM, if the flight didn't cancel? For a lot less money, he can do the bus, then the ferry, and be at the Cozumel ferry dock by 6pm.

But, I'll ask him to look around while he's waiting for his luggage to drop, and see if any planes do fly CUN CZM, on airlines his mother would approve of. {We're both grown men, but I know his saint of a mother, and I couldn't come back if anything happend to him. He's been on two trips with me, one time taking a mild DCS hit when we were new to Scuba and his weight belt fell off, and another time taking a sailing cruise within 200 miles of Huricanne Debby.}

don

Bus,ferry...
I live in western canada and the only direct flight seem to be out of Toronto.
Worse yet,they have the best seat sales and are regularly between $150 and $97. CDN

I Just hate the bs in getting to COZ...planes ,trains and autompbiles...opps planes,buses,taxies and ferries.

I just wish that since the cruise ship lines have addopted Coz that the airlines would too
Ron

DandyDon:
I used this link for research in helping a friend get to Cozumel CZM next weekend, in that we could not find a cheap fare to CZM at the time, but we could find one to Cancun CUN.

However, American and Continental - listed on that site - now say that they do not have the flights. Mexicana lists two flights:

11:00 am Depart Cancun (CUN)
Arrive Cozumel (CZM) 11:25 am Sat 24-Jan

8:05 pm Depart Cancun (CUN)
Arrive Cozumel (CZM) 8:30 pm Sat 24-Jan

Since he arrives at 1:25pm, he'd have a 6 hour wait before flying to CZM, if the flight didn't cancel? For a lot less money, he can do the bus, then the ferry, and be at the Cozumel ferry dock by 6pm.

But, I'll ask him to look around while he's waiting for his luggage to drop, and see if any planes do fly CUN CZM, on airlines his mother would approve of. {We're both grown men, but I know his saint of a mother, and I couldn't come back if anything happend to him. He's been on two trips with me, one time taking a mild DCS hit when we were new to Scuba and his weight belt fell off, and another time taking a sailing cruise within 200 miles of Huricanne Debby.}

don

Hi Don,

Thanks for the flight info. We're in about the same situation as your friend. Our flight arrives in Cancun at 3:30 PM, so we could probably get to Cozumel faster going down to Playa Del Carmen and taking the ferry. Do let me know if your friend discovers other flights.

Marge

mihrl:
Hi Don,

Thanks for the flight info. We're in about the same situation as your friend. Our flight arrives in Cancun at 3:30 PM, so we could probably get to Cozumel faster going down to Playa Del Carmen and taking the ferry. Do let me know if your friend discovers other flights.

Marge

Marge - when are you going?? We'll be back by February 1.

Now, I am not adventurous about the planes I will board. I used to be, but for an renegade to reach my age, I have to learn some caution along the way. Maybe it was the second time I rolled a vehicle....?

Anyway, if Mexicana airline lands at a U.S. or Canadian airport, that plane has to be qualified to do so. A flihgt from Mexico to Mexico, however, is subject only to Mexican regulations and enforecement. Ergo, it flies without me. {I am taking a puddle jumper in Belize in June, but I'm wearing my infaltable Horse Collar!}

Did you look at that site? It's not current, I know - as it still lists airlines that don't fly the route. Still, it gives bus & ferry times. Or, I'd do the Limo & Ferry before I'd get on one of those planes.

But, I'll ask him to look around...

don

DandyDon:
Marge - when are you going?? We'll be back by February 1.

Now, I am not adventurous about the planes I will board. I used to be, but for an renegade to reach my age, I have to learn some caution along the way. Maybe it was the second time I rolled a vehicle....?

Anyway, if Mexicana airline lands at a U.S. or Canadian airport, that plane has to be qualified to do so. A flihgt from Mexico to Mexico, however, is subject only to Mexican regulations and enforecement. Ergo, it flies without me. {I am taking a puddle jumper in Belize in June, but I'm wearing my infaltable Horse Collar!}

Did you look at that site? It's not current, I know - as it still lists airlines that don't fly the route. Still, it gives bus & ferry times. Or, I'd do the Limo & Ferry before I'd get on one of those planes.

But, I'll ask him to look around...

don

Hi again, Don

We fly into Cancun Feb. 17. And yes, we are also nervous flying on puddle jumpers, especially outside the U.S. However, sometimes you have no choice.

We leave Cozumel Feb. 28, and hope to fly to Belize. I say hope, since our travel agent says that so far the only way she can see to get us there is to fly us back to Miami, then down to Belize. Not entirely convenient. We spend a week with Blackbird Cay Resort, then they deliver us to Belize City, where we have to cool our heels for two days waiting for the next flight to Roatan. Once we get to Roatan, we spend two weeks, take a ferry to Utila (not very conveniently, I've been told) and spend two weeks on Utila. Then fly back to Cancun and catch our flight home.

It makes me tired thinking about it.

And yes, I did look at that website. Printed the info, too. Sure wish it were more convenient to get from place to place, but oh well. The diving makes it all worth it.

Marge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom