Caribbean Criteria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulVS

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking for locales for future trips in the Caribbean with the following criteria:

1. Safe. (Obviously there's some nefarious activity going on in some places.)
2. Good reef / marine life scuba diving. (Not much interested in wreck diving, but good wall dives would be okay too.)
3. Has a decent selection of (edited) international all-inclusive adults-only resorts. (Allows us significant business-related discounts)
4. Moderately reasonable airfare / travel time from Chicago.

I'm retired now and we're planning on 2 trips a year. We've been doing Cozumel lately, which checks all the boxes, but after our 3rd trip coming up in June, we'd like to try somewhere else. We've also done Cancun and Jamaica and Playa Del Carmen. (Suprisingly on one of our Cancun trips we had the best dive we've ever had.) Punta Cana is on our radar, but not sure about the quality of reefs there.

Suggestions appreciated!

EDIT to add: I probably should have stated "big name" all-inclusives like Sandals, Riu, Secrets, etc.

Bonaire and Little Cayman would be my suggestions.

Both would be near the top of my list, but I haven't seen all-inclusives, or at least not ones that aren't off the charts expensive. Any resort recommendations?

Spice Island resort on Grenada island.

Hmm... haven't considered Grenada. Will check it out, thanks!

Curacao is one we've been looking at.... seems like more "big name" A.I. resorts there, which is what we need.

Curacao is one we've been looking at.... seems like more "big name" A.I. resorts there, which is what we need.

You can make any resort there an AI by buying a full meal plan when you book your hotel there. That's what I did in my 13 trips to Curacao.

I should have specified that the all-inclusives need to be pretty big international companies for us to get a big discount.... places like Sandals, Secrets, Riu, Dreams, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom