Transpac II or Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
GP,

Pretty light up here already, actually.

There's no such thing as a BP and harness that doesn't fit. That's perhaps its greatest virtue.

- Warren
Glad to hear it.

That maybe true, but... not all divers like or wish to use a B/P Wings either. I am not saying I like it or dislike it personally because I've never tried one but...I have heard some divers state they didn't like them. Some day I'd like to try one myself though.

I've made about 60 dives on my transpacII that I bougth last month. Both technical and recreational. It is a very comfortable harness whether I'm diving twins with side mounts or a single 63. I'm not going to knock bp/wings, but I've made the right choice for me. Try the options out and then decide.

I'll toss in the ol regular comment here cause I love talking about companies that stand behind there product.

Is there any company or LDS other than EE that will let you use gear for 30 days and return it if you do not like it?

A Ranger or any other BC will lose 20% or so after the first dunk.

They were completely willing to let me get a bigger wing just cause I wanted it after trying one out.

Tommy

EE is Extreme Exposure. you can check them out here

I have dived the Ranger and the Trans-pac II, I like the Transpac a lot better. I have about 45 dives on mine. I plan on buying a BP also. You might want to at least check one out.

Happy hunting

Originally posted by miztflip
I've made about 60 dives on my transpacII that I bougth last month. Both technical and recreational. It is a very comfortable harness whether I'm diving twins with side mounts or a single 63. I'm not going to knock bp/wings, but I've made the right choice for me. Try the options out and then decide.

Which wing?

Any recommendations on Grand Cayman? Still up in the air about which operator to dive w/?

I have to admit that a backplate and harness makes alot of sense..Although I have a transpac and I do recreational diving straight through to trimix dives with it:) I do find it a little more comfortable than my backplate ( I can say this because I dive both)..The Transpac has an infinite number of adjustments but some will argue that you can have a buckle failure because it is not a DIR harness(one complete piece of webbing)!!

Having said this I've never heard of someone breaking a buckle in a cave or wreck. The Tranaspac is lighter than a steel backplate so for travel it makes a whole lot more sense. I like both and would not have a problem seeing you with either systems.

Sometimes I even show up on a charter with my non DIR transpac for trimix dives and nobody is laughing at me:wink: If someone tells you can't dive with them because you are in a transpac then tell em to piss off!!

Buy the way Zeagle makes nice stuff and is well made but it is quite bulky compared either of the above mentioned systems and would not be my first choice for technical diving:)

Hope this helps you

Len

Love my TP2 ,,, just spent 7 weeks diving in Cozumel with a Rec wing. Some thoughts ,,, for traveling and in Warm water I really would of liked to have a travel wing. Just went out and bought one yesterday. Will use the Rec wing in cold water with a ton of weight. Even then might not need it. Just took off the weight pockets. To much bulk for diving with 6lb's of lead and travel. I'll just use someone elses belt and lead.

And you think the majority of Tech divers use a BP and wing ?? Not so sure ,,, sure are a lot of Cave divers in TP2's.

The Dive Rite folks have been great with questions and "problems". Not sure the Trek wing is the "right" one. Call them and talk to them. Should be able to find one for $500 ,,, be warry of buying on line as they are a little "trickey" to set up. Or at least don't blame Dive Rite if you set it up wrong.

adios don O

A little confused....
think I need to see tanspac II to understand but if you look at DR's pic online is the pic w or w/out optional Sport Backpad/Lumbar Support (item number 2102)?

Still interested in what wing each of you is diving w your transpac.

Enough diff btween Ranger & Transpac to justify both?:confused:

Originally posted by jhspb

Still interested in what wing each of you is diving w your transpac.

Enough diff btween Ranger & Transpac to justify both?:confused:

I dive the rec wing. I plan on getting a travel wing before my next trip.

If you can afford both, why not a Tranpac II, and a bp/wings?

Back
Top Bottom