Transpac and reg position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had this problem and just flipped my first stage around so it was tower down, and tightened the crotch strap a bit. Seemed to work.

As underH2Oman said, clip the chest strap first and tighten the shoulder straps only enough to take out the slack. People seem to think that cranking down on the chest straps will hold tanks tighter to their backs. On the contrary, it will just make the entire rig ride higher up. And since shoulders are rounded, it ends up pulling the bottom of the harness away from the body. So they crank on the straps even more in a futile attempt to get everything snug.

Take the slack out after (or even before) tightening the waist. But definitely (as you said you did) tighten the crotch strap to keep the unit down low.

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try moving the connector plate for the Shoulder straps all the way to the back of the belt. Leave the Shoulder straps loose until you buckle the waist low and pull the crotch tight?. Close the chest strap and snug the shoulder straps then. The (soft (transpac) backpack) should be long enough and the shoulder straps loose enough to allow the waist belt to cinch below your naval with the tank weight. Make sure your hoses are long enough to ride up and over the wing or it will pull up on the plate. I'm 5'-10" , 185lbs. and have the XL with a butt plate. The plate rides lower with a dry suit than a wetsuit because of the bulk. The only time I have a ride up issue with a single is in a "T" shirt.

Thank you for all the ideas.

To answer some of the questions:-
I have the correct size according to the chart, although I fit into both the standard and small ranges.
I always clip the chest strap first, then stand up and do up the waist and crotch strap. The first time I put the harness on for a trip, I adjust the shoulders afterwards.
I have the waist strap around my waist snugly, not pulling up at the back. The crotch strap does pull it diwn a little at the front.
I have the wing on the lower connectors, the only other option is to move the wing upwards in relation to the plate.
My reg is a Din and the first stage faces forwards, so it right behind my head. The Scubapro one I tried was facing up, so I will give that a try facing down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

If he has the old Titan, straight model, with the environmental seal that reg is quite long and can be a head banger. That is one of the reasons I went to 90 degree regs with the longer portion turned down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom