Transmitters sharing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, it is about ONE transmitter and more than one receiver. Everything else is spurious.
Correct. And answered over a month ago. Anything regarding 2 transmitters is someone who did not read or care about the original post asking about 2 receivers for a single transmitter. Then jumps on the soap box about 2 transmitters and a single receiver. You missed the point of the thread.

Whenever i see a thread about the various failure modes for transmitters i wonder why we so rarely see similar threads for analog SPGs. A conspiracy of silence maybe 🤔
I use 2 transmitters, tank and pony, and I still have the spg on the hose. Hate to have to abort a dive if a transmitter goes out. 1 is none, 2 is ……..

I use 2 transmitters, tank and pony, and I still have the spg on the hose. Hate to have to abort a dive if a transmitter goes out. 1 is none, 2 is ……..
That's what i think too. Transmitters have gotten more reliable but I see enough malfunctions to make me feel they are not worth the extra money for me (i have non AI Perdix). For me it's easy and second nature to glance at my SPG ... i know my breathing pattern so it's just a sanity check anyway.

Regardless, i don't want to spur an even greater digression or friction so i will say to each their own. Most people i dive with are integrated these days and we get along fine ...mostly LOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom