Transmitter compatability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boarderguy

Chief Narctopus Wrangler
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My buddy is looking at getting a perdix AI but doesn't want to buy a new transmitter. He currently has a Garmin (not sure which one), will that transmitter work with a perdix or is he destined to buy one?

My buddy is looking at getting a perdix AI but doesn't want to buy a new transmitter. He currently has a Garmin (not sure which one), will that transmitter work with a perdix or is he destined to buy one?

Nope. Garmin transmitters are proprietary. He’ll have to buy a new one.

Don't believe so. The Garmins use a proprietary technology.

@Boarderguy

So what’s made the buddy see the light and ditch the Garmin?

@Boarderguy

So what’s made the buddy see the light and ditch the Garmin?
He's a disabled & retired Army spec ops guy with worsening eye sight lol. He can read my Perdix while diving and his Garmin is a pain for him to see on his own wrist. Originally he was thinking of mounting a peregrine on his scooter for quick reference but wants the compass feature and AI.

He's a disabled & retired Army spec ops guy with worsening eye sight lol. He can read my Perdix while diving and his Garmin is a pain for him to see on his own wrist. Originally he was thinking of mounting a peregrine on his scooter for quick reference but wants the compass feature and AI.
Last time I looked, the Teric was easier on those kinds of eyes than the Perdix. Not sure if the Perdix 2 changed that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom