Transfill Whip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2O 70

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'd like to make a Transfill whip for HP tanks.

I can source hose material with 3000psi rating, which would be fine for a blending whip, but I can't source hose material for 5000psi or higher rating.

In a beautiful world I'd find an O2 safe, 5000psi hose so down the road if I get into blending I have the hose aspect already. Does such hose exist?

I looked up the McMaster-Carr part for the hose. Of course the hose they, Atlantic Underwater, suggest doesn't exist, but the new version only has a 3000psi rating. I want to transfill my HP tanks, which can be over 3400psi. What hose to people use to connect tanks in a cascade together? Those tanks are rated for 4500psi. Granted, you're not doing high FO2's at that pressure.

Thank you though for that link. That is basically what I would like to end up with!

And don't get too wrapped around the axle looking for the teflon lined hose. The Parker 8R 5000 PSI thermoplastic hose with ss or steel ends works fine for all percentages of O2. You will want to replace the hose every year or so, as the thermoplastic breaks down more readily than teflon under high percentages of O2.

But why the high pressure. I don't know anyone that insists on having 3442 PSI of O2 in their cylinders. I don't know anyone but me that will fill that high, I only do it for high pressure rebreather cylinder fills, and I use the teflon lined metal braided O2 hose hith a high degree of satisfaction. What do you want to do higher than that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom