transfer whip usage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My transfer whip is two 1st stages connected by a HP hose. No problem going slow with that set up!

Interesting hose adapter on one end.

Yeah, Couv put the adapter together, so he knows what exactly size it is. i think it's basically a 7/16 male/male with conical metal tip.

Thought I'd update this thread with my experiences using a transfer whip for the first time this weekend.

The seas were a bit rough for us on Sunday to do much diving/Hookah diving/snorkling, so we decided to just anchor inside the inlet and let the young kids breath off the pony tanks to get under the water to watch for fish and search for shells. They used the 6cuft tanks and stayed in about 6ft of water. They would suck them dry, and we'd use the whip to fill them back up. They probablay went thru 6-8 refills off the AL80's during their snorkel time.

We did "quick fill" most of the time, but again the tanks never got hot to the touch -warm, but never hot. I ended up getting the transfer whip from scubatoys.com web site. Worked like a charm.

On a related note, we got about 4minutes of bottom time of a 6cuft bottle @20ft. Doing some guesswork, I'd anticipate having about 2 minutes of air to work with if you were at 45ft, and needed to ascend up. That's enough to do a calm ascent.

Back
Top Bottom