Training in High Springs, where should I stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We recently stayed in Richard Dreher's HydroLodge, which is right in High Springs. It's a very quiet house on a dead-end street. It's clean and nicely furnished, and has a classroom space with white board. There is a covered patio area for wet gear, and a lockable storage shed to hang things, with a charging station. It has two bunk beds in one room, and a queen and a twin in the other. It was very reasonably priced, and the only thing I would have liked that we didn't have was access to a dryer. (I've decided this is a non-negotiable item on cave diving trips. My dry suits seem to have something against cave diving, and behave beautifully in cold water, only to leak like sieves in caves!)

BTW, the reincarnated Floyd's has outrageous burgers . . . :)

pitch a tent at Ginnie springs... thats what i always do..

Great resource! The Days Inn in Alachua is not far from High Springs, too, and has coin laundry facilities. We've stayed there, and it's clean enough and inexpensive.

BTW, although I really enjoyed staying in a cottage at Dive Outpost, the one we were in did NOT have any heat, unless you call a 4" plug in portable heater heat in 25 degree weather . . . :) It did have a wall air conditioning unit, which didn't help us much. The fun thing about Dive Outpost is going to cook in the main building and getting to chat with divers from all over the world (literally) around the common table.

I will agree they are inexpensive but that is as far as I would go to laud The Days Inn, Quality Inn & HS's Country Inn all in High Springs. I do not need the Ritz but I will be lodging in Gainesville for my next visits/classes...Why they built these facilities within 30ft of the state highway is beyond me.

I agree -- they're all pretty minimal. The house I mentioned in my last post was much nicer. I wouldn't want to drive from Gainesville every day, especially if I were in a class.

Well, the Grady house looks lovely, but you can rent the entire HydroLodge for yourself for less than the cost of one of their rooms. You'd be paying a lot for breakfast.

Well, the Grady house looks lovely, but you can rent the entire HydroLodge for yourself for less than the cost of one of their rooms. You'd be paying a lot for breakfast.

You are always the purveyor of good information and sound advise. An especially good idea as I am a light sleeper hence my earlier comment about highway noise. Gotta stay in G-ville for one night though (alma mater). Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom