Training in High Springs, where should I stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
High Springs Florida is a popular choice for technical dive training. Besides the many cave diving sites, there are also some legendary technical diving instructors who call this area home. And, High Springs is home to the GUE (Yes, that's GUE headquarters in the attached pic- right beside the True Value hardware.)

Question: I’m coming to High Springs for training. Where should I stay?

Answer: There are lots of options in the region from camping up to world-class bed and breakfast facilities. Here are some contacts and current information for diver-friendly lodging:

Camping
Ginnie Springs offers tent and rv camping and has a couple rental cottages.
Ginnie Springs Outdoors, LLC
7300 NE Ginnie Springs Road, High Springs, FL 32643
Phone: 386-454-7188
The official page of Ginnie Springs Outdoors, in High Springs Florida. Visit our online shop for great deals on dive gear and accessories.

Motel
The High Springs Country Inn
Welcome
386-454-1565
The most popular dive motel in the area. Very inexpensive and close to good food options.

Rental Cottage
Chateau H2O
3-bedroom cottage which rents for roughly $109 a night, andis within minutes of Cave Excursions East, a local fill station at Hwy 47 and Hwy 340. Very comfortable for 4-5 people.
Email: MA9001Aaol.com
Phone: Kim Hill 386-454-3327

Lee & Lucy’s Garage Apartment
Rates: $35 / night, $210 / week, $850 / month
3 night minimum
Maximum occupancy: 6 (Can sleep 4)
Lee and Lucy
www.caveexcursionseast.com
Cave Excursions East, Inc.,4030 NE County Road 340, High Springs, FL 32643
Phone: 386.454.7511

Dive Outpost Rentals
There are motel facilities on site of the fill station and dive shop, which can accommodate 12 people in three separate buildings. Each building has heating and air-conditioning, private bathroom, charging station and TV/video. This is located one hour from High Springs and adjacent to Peacock Springs State Park.
Florida Cave Diving Florida Cave Diving Instruction Florida Cave Diving Services
Call: Cathy Lesh at 386-776-1449

Cave Excursion Rentals
One hour from High Springs, within two miles of Peacock Springs State Park and local fill stations.
Five trailer homes to rent by the day. Four of the homes, are three bedroom, two bath and the fifth home is a two bedroom, one bath. The price per multiple days is $55.00, for one or two people and $10.00 per day/per person there after. Call Kimberly at Cave Excursions (386)776-2299, Tuesday - Saturday 10 AM to 4 PM.

Florida Dive House Rental
This one is stunning place on the river for families or groups that want something special. Amenities Include: 5 Bed/ 2 Bath - Two Master Bedrooms (King/Queen & Twin Bunk Beds)
Sleeps 12 comfortably in beds + 3 in day sleepers
7' sunken tub ( Master Bath ) with separate rain shower
Large comfortable day sleeper couches and pillows
Satellite TV (180 Channels plus HBO & Showtime)
Commercial kitchen w/ double convection ovens and microwave
Large capacity washer / dryer, dishwasher, utensils
36" flat screen T.V., 7.1 Dolby Stereo Surround Sound
30" T.V. DVD/VCR in Bunkbed Room
Phone + Internet Access, DVD/VCR, X-Box with Games!
Covered BBQ house With Smoker, Charcoal & Gas Grills
Sand Volleyball Court, Fireplace, Linens, Air Conditioning
Large Deck with Porch Swings, Picnic Table, Filtered Water System
North Central Florida Cave Dive + River Kayak Vacation Rental House - Home
Michael Gibson 904.380.6762
Arlene Bornt 386.344.0099

Bed and Breakfast
Grady House Historic Bed and Breakfast in High Springs
The Grady House Historic Bed & Breakfast - Home
An award winning bed and breakfast in historic High Springs.
Paul and Lucie Regensdorf
386-454-2206

Rustic Inn Bed and Breakfast in High Springs
A very comfortable and private bed and breakfast just south of High Springs and within quick access of Ginnie Springs.
Rustic Inn Bed & Breakfast High Springs, FL
15529 NW State Road 45, High Springs, Florida 32643
Tom and Janice
Phone: 386 454-1223

Attachments

• highsprings.jpg
    highsprings.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 285
Great resource! The Days Inn in Alachua is not far from High Springs, too, and has coin laundry facilities. We've stayed there, and it's clean enough and inexpensive.

BTW, although I really enjoyed staying in a cottage at Dive Outpost, the one we were in did NOT have any heat, unless you call a 4" plug in portable heater heat in 25 degree weather . . . :) It did have a wall air conditioning unit, which didn't help us much. The fun thing about Dive Outpost is going to cook in the main building and getting to chat with divers from all over the world (literally) around the common table.

Thanks RebreatherPro. My DB and I dive the springs often and generally drive down. We can start making longer trips with our famlies. Our wives would enjoy the B&B's.

that's a lot of good info guys, it will be very usefull for me soon, thanks, Dan

I make it to cave country at least 4 times a year and I stay at High Springs COuntry Inn.

The father/son owners Sam/Vic are very helpful to divers. Floyds Diner is across the street. The motel is walking distance from SALVO, Winn Dixie and a laundermat.

That must have opened after I took my class then....:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom