Tozier Rock ... doable as shore dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverkim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have never done Tozier Rock in Saanich Inlet. Some people tell me that it is possible as a shore dive, although all books list it as a boat dive. I am not adverse to a surface swim if the dive is worthwhile. Any comments on this...

I did it by boat a few years back. I guess if you could swim to the marker from shore(I've never try it and I don't know if it's possible) it would be worth doing. Of all the good dive in the inlet I don't think it would make it in my top ten. Neverless it is a pretty good dive.

Good luck

Al

I think it would be possible to dive it from shore with a long surface swim. I've thought of doing it a few times. I drove to where the shore access would be and it's part of a native reserve next to the Mill Bay ferry terminal. I couldn't find anywhere to conveniently park and it's all private property anyway. If you could sort out some parking issues with the local residents and don't mind a long walk (at low tide there is a wide beach) and a long swim and a long drive over the Malahat..... so no, I've never bothered to do it.

Back
Top Bottom