TOS Updated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
ScubaBoard is pleased to announce a very important update to our terms of service. For several years now we have operated under a "G" or "Family friendly" set of rules. While this has helped keep our conversations civil it does not reflect our true user base. Scuba Diving is inherently an "adult" activity with only a limited number of minors participating. Because our users are adults and because the Scuba Board community is so much more than just a place to talk business we have defined our rules to address the needs of our users. Effective immediately we are adopting a work-place friendly set of rules. Work-place friendly basically means act as you would in a professional work place environment among colleagues, supervisors, etc... Cursing, insulting, berating and just being mean spirited is not allowed. However, having a mature and responsible conversation is ok. Posts are made in context and will be taken in such as such, with understanding given to what was said and why. Work place friendly gives you more latitude and should allow for a more honest and accurate conversation, just as you would converse in a professional matter if you worse face to face but at the same time it holds everyone to remain respectful and courteous.

Please take a moment to read the exact definition of work-place friendly by clicking here.

So do you think we will be able to use John Bolten as a role model. I'm not sure what the difference is but I'm afraid "family friendly" may have been cleared. Sound like we are going to have fun as this settles in.

awap:
So do you think we will be able to use John Bolten as a role model. I'm not sure what the difference is but I'm afraid "family friendly" may have been cleared. Sound like we are going to have fun as this settles in.
It sounds like an ultimate challenge for the Mods and Sups to work out, and I bet they spent countless hours working to come this far already.

But it does sound like a good change, and my gratitude to the Mods and Sups who will help us deal with the new standards.

Ok, that doesn't work in the military. Occassionally it slips out usually as a verb, not at the individual.

DMP:
Ok, that doesn't work in the military. Occassionally it slips out usually as a verb, not at the individual.

Get your head out of your *** 'cruit.

Yeah, this may take some getting used to!

rec.scuba ?

woowooo!

I'm not seeing the difference. How about a before and after example of something that couldn't be said before that is now allowed?

Joe

Still can't use the same 7 words that you don't hear on network TV? So what is it with Spearboard? Just more testosterone?

Hank49:
Still can't use the same 7 words that you don't hear on network TV? So what is it with Spearboard? Just more testosterone?
:hmmm: Have some of the previously banned words been liberated? Or was *** always allowed in appropriate context...?

Edit: No, that one didn't post afterall. At least not in the singular. Goes thru in the plural; maybe I need to report that?

I'll just use the word butt :D

DandyDon:
:hmmm: Have some of the previously banned words been liberated? Or was *** always allowed in appropriate context...?

Edit: No, that one didn't post afterall. At least not in the singular. Goes thru in the plural; maybe I need to report that?

I'll just use the word butt :D

You mean at home there is only one dumb ***, but at work there are lots of dumb asses?

Back
Top Bottom