Tortuga68's model & series guide to Apeks regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's another handy thing to explain another common question. Not quite to scale, but the FST's leave a lot more headroom compared to the FSR's.
reg_routing.jpg

Same kits

Thanks for the pic, but the HP & LP ports are labelled backwards on the FST

Ah, sure enough, but the hoses are correct:wink: I think what it does show clearly is which way the environmental seals are facing depending on how each model mounts, something I've seen asked a few times. It helped me anyway.

Not quite... the diagram shows the FST primary LP hose coming from what is actually a HP port on the right post. I've also seen FSTs mounted with the enviro diaphragm pointing out, or with one out and one in. Other than that it's a good diagram

Here's a photo of FSR routing at a different angle to the diagram

ATX200 hose routing.jpg

That is with the FST seals pointing out, while the FSR's are pointing in as they should, can't really be used the other way around. Mounting the FST's facing in would leave virtually no headroom and crowd the isolator knob. That's all I'm saying about the chart, that it shows the optimal way to mount the first stages. I didn't make it or I'd make the corrections you pointed out:wink:

The illustrated diagragm is for single bladder, isn't it?

anyone happen to use tec3 1st stages in a single configuration? sounds dumb, i know...but just asking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom