Torque Wrench Fitting for SP Mk11 cap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This one works for the Mk11 and Mk16:

Tusa R400 & Scubapro Mk16 Socket

Tusa R400, Scubapro Mk 11, and "New" Scubapro Mk16
$27.00

In stock

20-765-200.jpg

-Z

Thanks all, guys. Can't believe I didn't look at Scubatools in the first place.

Thanks all, guys. Can't believe I didn't look at Scubatools in the first place.
Because you like to make tools out of things you already have. Wish I was as creative as you. Expecting you to make it yourself. Lol

Anyone know of a good way to torque the Scubapro Mk11 cap? I put a pin spanner in the cap hole, but don't have a spanner that fits on my torque wrench. I used a luggage scale through the Scubapro universal tool, where it has holes that accepted my scale at 3" and 4" from the end. But after hand tightening it to roughly where I thought it should be, putting 40# on my luggage scale at 4" out only gets me 160 in-lb, or half what is required. It felt like going to 80# would be just too tight. I feel that it's pretty important to have correct compression on the diaphragm edges. Scubapro specifies 35 Nm.

And keeping the pin spanner in the cap was really difficult. The holes are right against the reg body, so a standard pin spanner is too wide. On top of that, the cap holes are canted slightly. The whole evolution was very frustrating.

Looking around the web, I saw castle nut torque fittings that might work, but no indication of sizing.

What happened? Has your plumbing supply store closed down!? :poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom