Torch Sea Dragon Mini 650 Flood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jujjio

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys, this is my first thread I write.
I need to ask you what you think about the Sea Dragon Mini 650 Flood for my GoPro Hero 4 Silver.
Is it worth spending that kind of money for a compact torch? Will it be good for night dive?
Or do you recommend other compact torches?

I have the mini Sea Dragon 600. It has a 120o arc, the Gopro camera's have a 170o field of view. So, with a single light you'll have a dark borders on a night dive. I am planning on adding a second light so I get a broader field. I don't have enough experience with other lights to say whether they are the best light on the market but you can get bigger and brighter lights if you are willing to pay for them.

thanks for the answer!! do you find it useful using it during the day to add some colours?? or you need to be really close to the subject to get some benefits??

thanks for the answer!! do you find it useful using it during the day to add some colours?? or you need to be really close to the subject to get some benefits??
I have it with me and turn it on to look in crevices under overhangs. The sun is is much brighter than the light and I can do a bit of color correction with filters or software. I am not sure if 600 lumens is going to make a huge impact on colors in broad daylight. The blues and greens are going to still be a thousand times brighter than the reds the light might give you. I have only seen it make a difference when you are really close.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom