Torch and camera mounted on mask at once?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 99% of people here would disagree with that statement!
Then perhaps you could explain why you disagree?

Again, your hand is not facing the way you're looking. So you don't illuminate where you're going, and you don't film where you're looking!

My hand is my hand, I use it for holding things such as a camera housing which also has a light attached. I use a goodman handle with an additional light to look around and poke it into holes to find things and is much more flexible than having a light attached to a mask.

My hand is my hand, I use it for holding things such as a camera housing which also has a light attached. I use a goodman handle with an additional light to look around and poke it into holes to find things and is much more flexible than having a light attached to a mask.
But if they're both on your head, you're lighting up whatever you're looking at, and you're filming whatever you're looking at!

If the camera is in your hand, you don't know what's in the viewfinder! And when you want to look at something, you have to aim your torch!

Why not have everything automatically synchronised with what you're looking at?

And of course, you have less things to carry. Who wants to be holding things when trying to swim?

Who wants to be holding things when trying to swim?
I was taught how to dive and swim without using my hands as most divers do!

But if they're both on your head, you're lighting up whatever you're looking at, and you're filming whatever you're looking at!
You can't focus and compose shots if you're not looking through a viewfinder / screen

I was taught how to dive and swim without using my hands as most divers do!

You can't focus and compose shots if you're not looking through a viewfinder / screen

You only use half your limbs? What a waste.

You don't need to compose shots. On your head, the camera films what you see.

Accidentally shining your light in someone's eyes seems more likely with a head mounted light, but I haven't tried it.

Then don't stare deeply into your buddy's eyes. Unless you're into underwater sex.

:rofl3:

Okay, I guess you're a :troll:
Excuse me? If the camera is on your head, it sees the same as you do, it's facing precisely the same way as your eyes. I can't make that any simpler. What on earth is your problem? How can you not understand such a simple concept? Has the pressure got to your brain?

Look, just go ask some cyclists with cameras mounted on their helmets. They film perfectly adequately.

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom