Tops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
Today I was snorkelling and I was wearing my tankini because it gives me the best support but my gripe is that it doesn't dry fast enough and I get CBS (Clammy Bust Sydrome). Any suggestions on bathing suit tops that are quick dry but give enough support for a smallish D cup?

Gidds:
Today I was snorkelling and I was wearing my tankini because it gives me the best support but my gripe is that it doesn't dry fast enough and I get CBS (Clammy Bust Sydrome). Any suggestions on bathing suit tops that are quick dry but give enough support for a smallish D cup?

Check maybe LLBeans or Lands End if you havent already for some fast drying solutions...?

ScubaBabe22:
Check maybe LLBeans or Lands End if you havent already for some fast drying solutions...?

Yech, hate that CBS! (I get CTS - Clammy tummy syndrome.) I'm headed to Title9 sports.com right now to look for a non-tankini style that's built more like a sport or racing suit.

It also occurred to me though, a job bra, if made from a non-cotton fabric, might work well.

Edit: Nevermind. Title9 only has like 1 appropriate suit today. Their catalog usually has a ton of great looking stuff - I'm not sure why the selection is so small right now.

Try a good wicking sports bra, I find that my Nike one keeps CBS at bay fairly well.

I buy the Tan Thru suits, they dry untra fast and they also have Dry Weave that is not tan thru that dries just as fast. http://www.lifestylesdirect.com/

Water-repellant Dry Weave® swimwear from Solar® Hi Tech!

Designed to inhibit water absorbency by 99% and featuring increased durability and comfort, Hi-Tech Dry Weave® swimwear is the ultimate in performance swimwear for swimmers, divers, and watersports enthusiasts.

Too bad they don't have full cover Tankinis. I simply don't have the body for a bikini, and won't give up the 2 piece convenience. Bummer.

My tankini is very modest. It's by Nautica. It covers all of my fat tummy and the botton covers most of my backside. It shows a lot of cleavage but I'm just a bit chesty is the reason for that. Also it is bicolor to detract attention from my lower more round areas.
BTW after all the suggestions I ended up with a Danskin high-impact sports bra because it was made out of that wicking stuff, had underwires, and was absolutely "bounce-proof"

Taxgeek:
(I get CTS - Clammy tummy syndrome.)

I]

There's a guy version of CTS too you know. It's baad stuff.

Zero support, (not an issue for this guy) but I'm a huge fan of the rash guard shirts the surfers wear - dries almost instantly, great uv protection. At least one of the wet suit makers has a line of women's shirts ( see scubatoys.com )

Maybe you could find a quick dry sports bra to wear underneath?

Good luck
Mark

Gidds:
My tankini is very modest. It's by Nautica. It covers all of my fat tummy and the botton covers most of my backside. It shows a lot of cleavage but I'm just a bit chesty is the reason for that. Also it is bicolor to detract attention from my lower more round areas.
BTW after all the suggestions I ended up with a Danskin high-impact sports bra because it was made out of that wicking stuff, had underwires, and was absolutely "bounce-proof"

First of all, I am just posting to see if my counter works.

Second, don't think that just becasue you admit you have a "fat tummy" that anyone believes you really think you're fat. You just say that so that GUYS will say or think "oh you're not fat..." and to piss off the woman that are fat AND SUPPOSIBLY SO JEALOUS OF YOU. It is so tiring to hear woman that have 3 ounces of fat talk about how fat they are, whilst they shove a cheeseburger and fries in their face.

Take it from me, you want to know what fat is, stop running 12 miles a day and eating only 900 calories to stay at 145 lbs and see what fat is!!! And don't say that it's because I eat more than someone like you, or that I exercise less, it's just that I was cursed with my gradmothers FAT GENE. So flaunt your "fat tummy" in front of all those manly men on the dive boat. I doubt they will say a word about it.

I'm fat, I'm single, I'm educated, I'm independent, and I will not let others bring me down or ruin the hobbies/sport I love!

Back
Top Bottom