Topping Off Bailouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use AL80s for bailout and I also use it for offboard Diluent.
My personal rotation is simple and works for me.
I have them filled with 18/45. When I get down to 2800 psi, I top it to 3100 with Helium and dive 16/50.
When it gets to 2800, I top it to 3100 with 32% and dive 18/45.
When it gets to 2800, I top it to 3100 with Helium and dive 16/50.
This pattern continues indefinitely. Both of those gases are adequate for my normal dives and it is a simple rotation.
I'm going to have to convert that to metric but sounds like a good option

I've got a bank of my typical trimix % I use for bailout. I just boost up the tanks when they get below 2700. Boost up to 3600. Only need to do it every few months if that.

I've got a bank of my typical trimix % I use for bailout. I just boost up the tanks when they get below 2700. Boost up to 3600. Only need to do it every few months if that.

Well, if you dove more often... :wink:

I'm going for my internet cave diving card
I can help you with that. I’m an Advanced ScubaBoard Instructor.

E49468A5-1D59-4DD3-A080-BDD992A10248.jpeg

I can help you with that. I’m an Advanced ScubaBoard Instructor.

View attachment 709863
Do you do crossovers from UDIE? I mean I have your t-shirt already, with a pizza stain.... But I am still using my UDIE card...

1646163959009.png

Do you do crossovers from UDIE? I mean I have your t-shirt already, with a pizza stain.... But I am still using my UDIE card...

View attachment 709884
Love the "The bearer of this card has successfully paid for this level of training." That sir, is gold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom