Topics That Will Cause A Poop Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did I miss it? Tanks.

VIP program stickers - valid or get-rich-quick scheme for your LDS?

or doing your own visual inspections?

Or just buying stickers on fleaBay and pasting them on?

OMMOHY

Did we get this far in the thread without someone mentioning Spare Air? And I have one...

Should more 'rescue diver training' be included in the basic OW course?

Buddy diving - is it okay to deviate from the 'arm's length' tight coordination model of buddy diving, and just glance at each other once in awhile? If one buddy is having trouble equalizing or otherwise chooses to call the dive, and he's at his safety stop and signals 'Okay,' is it cool for the other buddy to head back out to the dive, or must he accompany the buddy back onto the boat?

Blast from the past - should OW instructors be allowed to add content to the course and require adequate mastery of that content as a condition of certification, when that content is judged needful to local diving conditions? Some of you may not get this, but it used to be a big multi-page debate - should everyone be trained to local diving standards if there's local diving, or just to benign tropical conditions (since many people only dive such places)?

If you have a medical condition or risk factor which you judge to be benign and no serious risk for the dive trip, is it okay to check 'no' to everything on medical clearance/liability waivers rather than 'out' yourself and submit to the process of having to find a physician willing to give you a clearance to dive letter (which you might need to renew each year you dive)?

What is the minimum fitness level below which one should not dive? Some of us chubby people can get riled at the fitness nuts' views...

Blaming other people - I've seen this in Accidents & Incidents threads, and it can come up in trip reports. ScubaBoard has a culture of personal responsibility in some things, and I've noticed externalizing blame and not taking personal responsibility is often frowned upon.

The evil of instabuddies!

We could discuss how much bickering over it there is, but cruise ships get dissed a lot, which is strange since a number of us are also cruisers.

P.S.: How did I miss it? The grand daddy of poop storm topics...shark feed diving!!!
I think I’m kind of changing my stance on feeding sharks. I’ve always been against it but if it’s to teach them to eat lionfish I’m all for it.

Some say that sharks can’t be taught to eat lionfish or that if that is learned that it won’t be passed down. But these same people say that feeding lionfish teaches sharks that divers provide food.

I see tons of native English speakers do that one.

How about breath (noun, as in "I took a breath" or "your breath stinks") vs. breathe (verb, as in "try to breathe slowly" or "that regulator breathes well")?

Typos have been my faithful companion for all of my live and I'm not going to disrepect that tradision now.
Spellcheck and Grammerly be damned!!!

Double bladder wing on steel doubles when diving in a wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom