Topics That Will Cause A Poop Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean YOLK.

And my other pet peeve, suite for suit. I see tons of native English speakers do that one.

🙄🤦‍♀️😬
You must be yoking?

If you google "Yoke Valve Scuba" google will correct you to yoke.

From the first google hit on Yoke vs. Yolk:
Yolk is the yellow part of the egg. It is the only ever noun. Yoke as a noun is a wooden tool used to join two livestock at the neck so that they can work together. Sometimes, yoke is also used metaphorically to refer to something that is oppressive.

Now don't get me started on principle vs. principal.

You mean YOLK.

And my other pet peeve, suite for suit. I see tons of native English speakers do that one.

🙄🤦‍♀️😬
Yoke
g: a clamp or similar piece that embraces two parts to hold or unite them in position
yolk
  • 1a: the yellow spheroidal mass of stored food that forms the inner portion of the egg of a bird or reptile and is surrounded by the white
    — see EGG sense illustration
    barchaic : the whole contents of an animal ovum consisting of a protoplasmicformative portion and an inert nutritive portion
    c: material stored in an animal ovum that supplies food to the developingembryo and consists chiefly of proteins, lecithin, and cholesterol
  • 2[ akin to Middle Dutch ieke yolk (of wool), Old English ēowu ewe ] : oily materialin unprocessed sheep wool consisting of wool fat, suint, and debris

How about the classic warhammer maneuver?

The thread and picture exist on scubaboard I would post a link but dont want to get banned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom