Top Ten...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3D diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
things to do waiting for your buddy at Point Lobos.

Not sure what happened, but spent 2 hours in one of the 15 minute spots this morning waiting for my buddy.

10) Admire the moss growing in the trees,

9) wonder what kind of a tree the moss is growing in (some kind of oak, I think)

8) help tourists decide whether to do Lobos before, or after, Big Sur. (they chose after)

7) chat with other divers wondering where their buddies are

6) pass out contact info to said divers ('cause, obviously, today's buddy isn't showing up)

5) compile a list of out-of-state vehicles in line (New York, Texas, Oregon, Montana and Pennsylvania 1, Colorado and Florida 2, Nevada 4)

4) be charming to anyone going by in a uniform so you don't get a parking ticket ( rangers, life guards, Fish and Game...)

3) dodge the vehicles making U-turns

2) write a to-do list for the rest of the day, since you're not going diving ( haircut, grocery, pay bills, work on video of last weeks dive...)

1) compose clever Scuba Board post

*1) Gather as many tourists, divers, park rangers etc as possible
Standby for a group photo with you front and center lounging on your side in full kit.

Snap photo, send to buddy with the following title
"I'm waiting....."

LOL

I actually had 11 items & trimmed this one

"Enjoy the morning and realize things could be worse (thank God I don't have cancer any more)"

I'm bummed I couldn't go diving, of course, but at this point, am more than a little worried about my buddy & hoping they're OK.

I did get that haircut...

---------- Post added August 5th, 2013 at 11:05 AM ----------

Just received an email...my buddy was in a traffic accident Saturday & just got out of the hospital.

Yikes!!!!

Obviously, there is no way they could have let me know to cancel the dive under the circumstances.

I guess maybe I should have left item 11 on the list after all.

Hopefully, they will recover fully and we can try again soon.

Last edited:
*1) Gather as many tourists, divers, park rangers etc as possible
Standby for a group photo with you front and center lounging on your side in full kit.

Snap photo, send to buddy with the following title
"I'm waiting....."
Wait around long enough (you've probably sweat enough to look like your fresh out of the water waiting while geared up) for other dive teams to get out of water, and photobomb their dive photo. 3D hope your friend recovers okay.

I've been putting 3D videos of my dives on YouTube and using my own music---banjo, fiddle and a little guitar. Not everybody likes it, but...

Anyway...I keep thinking I need to bring the instruments along some day and get some pics and/or video of me playing them in full SCUBA rig. Not underwater, of course, though maybe the local shop has some throw-away instruments suitable for that. I'll have to ask.

Perhaps you could check under the wharf. :wink:
Hope your friend recovers fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom