Top Ten Reasons for Leaving you behind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oriskany Divemaster:
One because he's constantly in a state of emergency during each dive

Holy COW...... I know that guy... Let me also add (same guy)

Is always throwing up or complaining that he might, yet still goes out when it's rough and sits out the dive because he's just toooo sick (all while he runs mouth about how everything about the dive/boat/divers suck).
Constantly losing his equipment (weapons included, but not limited) on various boats/dive sites/peoples houses, ect.. Has absolutely no social skills, so most think he's a total butt head. And the one that (use to) make me the craziest.... Always "One-UP'ing" everyone, he's is always bigger and better than anyone else on the boat.

baitedstorm:
Holy COW...... I know that guy... Let me also add (same guy)

Is always throwing up or complaining that he might, yet still goes out when it's rough and sits out the dive because he's just toooo sick (all while he runs mouth about how everything about the dive/boat/divers suck).
Constantly losing his equipment (weapons included, but not limited) on various boats/dive sites/peoples houses, ect.. Has absolutely no social skills, so most think he's a total butt head. And the one that (use to) make me the craziest.... Always "One-UP'ing" everyone, he's is always bigger and better than anyone else on the boat.

That guy does some serious traveling!

NetDoc:
Who would -I- leave behind?

That student who dropped that tank on my toe.

Moose.

The DM who ends our dive because HE is too cold.

Moose.

People who lie or stand on coral.

Moose.

Certified divers who can't seem to rise or descend gently and in control.

Uh, Moose. :D

[FONT=&quot]Leave me behind! Have you forgotten about how I load and unload all of your gear, Baby-sit your students, rescue your guests, tolerate your lame jokes, And then I seem to recall It was I who rescued your gear from the bottom of the sea after you lost it off the back of the boat. Leave me behind will you, My buddy My pal,[/FONT]

Well, call it a coincidence BUT:

I have only lost all my gear with YOU on the boat!

I only seem to have guests that need rescuing with YOU on the boat!

But, if you're gonna start carrying my gear, I just might have to protect you a bit more! :D

red_infinity:
3) "You know how to lure fish? Well you take an urchin and your knife..."

-Francis

Out of curiosity How is this annoying? I've seen instructors do this on training dives...:confused:

Anyway,
1) The annoying girl who spends half her boat time hitting on the guys and never loads or unloads her own gear..:no
2) The annoying girls who show up in a teeny tiny bikini and then look disgusted when you stare at them getting in thier suit..... :)
3) The girls who show up in full makeup. :rofl3:
4) The girls who throw up in the boat toilet on the way to the site! Hello there is an ocean over the side!!!!:shakehead
5) girls who think it's funny to mock the chubby girl(me) forgetting i'm an instructor...
6) Guys who delite in showing nervous girlfriends Things like crayfish and moray eels under water. DUMBASS it scare's them!!!
7)Macho men that think I need help with my gear... I might be chubby and I might be short but DONT TOUCH MY GEAR.
:crossbone

dive-class101:
Out of curiosity How is this annoying? I've seen instructors do this on training dives...:confused:

You can do the same thing (as I've learned on this board, from Dr. Bill I think) by banging two rocks together. Either that or you can just sit still for a while and watch fish come by. There's really no need to kill something for your enjoyment.

-Francis

MontereyCADiver:
BaitedStorm (Vickie), nicely put! The mere lack of social graces... ugh!

~Jeff

Jeff,
the sad thing is... this IS a real person..... I dare not name names (proud of me MODs.....woohoo, I'm behaving)... The worse thing is, he actually thinks he's a good diver and people enjoy his company, when most merely tolerate him because it's still against the law to cut off his air supply while he's destroying the reef, molesting the marine life, or getting a leg cramp.

dive-class101,

I find it rather funny when the girls would show up on the boat sporting the whole Tammy Faye Baker look... The boat I worked had no mirrors, so you can imagine after dive 1, what these chicks looked like... There's just something terribly amusing about watching these little coon eye girls flirting with the boys and the blank stares these chicks often receive from the guys.... I've always wondered what on earth these guys must be thinking as they stand there in amazement. I suppose it may depend on weather or not this was one of the tiny weeny bikini wearers or not.. :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom