Top Ten Reasons for Leaving you behind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"can I fly a kite to the divesite? I do it all the time. (true story)
"I have over 500 dives with a hardhat, I need some more lead, I am having a hard time staying on the bottom" (another true one)

shark.byte.usa:
"I have this tank banger/rattle/duck call; I'll use it (every 5 seconds) to get your attention"

That drives me crazy!

My buddy and I were in a local lake (cold, dark, low viz, about 360' in the middle) and we keep hearing honk! honk! honk!. So we're looking around, don't see anybody, the honking continues, and we start searching for the honking diver. Can't see anything, can't find anybody, so we went back to the boat to tell the captain, and the other guy is already on the boat.

He was "just trying out his new honker". 8-(

Terry

i only use my honker or bang on my tank when i want to get the attention of my divers. if not, i just let the people explore while guiding thru the site.

1. Conversations that go like this:
"What Cert Level are you?" "I'm AOW" "Oh, I'm Rescue, nevermind then"

2. Divers who seemingly ignore you because you're under the age of 21.

3. Giant Knifes

4. People who have leaky drysuits EVERYTIME they dive - and complain about it constantly.

5. People who have the courtesy to do the "one finger hold" in the sand, but with the other hand, dismatle parts of the reef for "up close examination".

6. People who, as soon as a creature is spotted, immediatly swim over, regardless of what is in their path, with absolutely no regard for other divers.

7. Divers who talk about the creatures they saw on the dive like they know them personally and have shared their inner-most intimate secrets with them.

Gradual Ascent:
So tell me, what's the problem with dive knives that are strapped to your leg verses, on your BC, or other less conspicuous area -- Style? Is someone more likely to use the big strapping dive knife than a small one? Does the small one work better than big ones for removing entangled 50 lb test fishing line?

Perhaps you didn't read my post as I intended it. I've got a problem with people with BFKs strapped to their leg when they're in the dive shop or a restaurant before the dive or when it is the only piece of dive equipment they own.

Try this: Put on a pair of shorts, a shirt, shoes and socks; strap a BFK to your leg; walk around town for a bit; report on how you are treated and how you feel about yourself.

Also: I think there are more important pieces of equipment that should be acquired before a BFK, like a mask, fins and snorkel.

Divers who don't pay attention to the others in their group and are constantly knocking their buddies and others into coral, other divers and generally all over the place.

Macho newbie divers with a squeaky new C card who feel the need to share their vast wisdom with "the little lady" (me). :whack:

"Stay close, I usually run out of air halfway through the dive"

Back
Top Bottom