Top Ten Reasons for Leaving you behind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers who say something along the lines of "Psh, that's not deep enough!"

There's a guy in our scuba club at the university who kept complaining about depth, but his reason was because he gets floaty in shallower water. Annoyed the crap out of me, hope I never dive with him.

Floaty in shallow water, how shallow were you diving like 6 feet?

Cheekymonkey:
Floaty in shallow water, how shallow were you diving like 6 feet?

15-30ft. Shore diving, sorry I should have mentioned that before. He kept bringing up sites he dove that were deeper, kept going on about Monastery in Monterey and other spots. I guess I wouldn't mind diving with someone who 'preferred' deeper diving, but not someone who looks down on the diving we're used to doing here just because he doesn't have proper weighting.

-Francis

rbolander:
2. Divers who seemingly ignore you because you're under the age of 21.

Yeah..Whatever. Anyway, back to grown-up talk.

As I was saying: I seriously consider leaving blatantly rude people in the water regardless of their age. We've actually banned two guys from the boat. One because he's constantly in a state of emergency during each dive, and the other because he's just a rude *** wipe. I'll take the freshest newbie or the most crusty vet any day of the week over some pro who can't muster even the minimal social skills required to interact with a group on any dive boat.

Merry Christmas! And for those unsure, I was kidding about the grown up talk. I take everyone seriously until they prove to me I shouldn't.

Who would -I- leave behind?

That student who dropped that tank on my toe.

Moose.

The DM who ends our dive because HE is too cold.

Moose.

People who lie or stand on coral.

Moose.

Certified divers who can't seem to rise or descend gently and in control.

Uh, Moose. :D

Oriskany Divemaster:
Yeah..Whatever. Anyway, back to grown-up talk.

As I was saying: I seriously consider leaving blatantly rude people in the water regardless of their age. We've actually banned two guys from the boat. One because he's constantly in a state of emergency during each dive, and the other because he's just a rude *** wipe. I'll take the freshest newbie or the most crusty vet any day of the week over some pro who can't muster even the minimal social skills required to interact with a group on any dive boat.

Merry Christmas! And for those unsure, I was kidding about the grown up talk. I take everyone seriously until they prove to me I shouldn't.

If everyone had this attitude, I'd be willing to bet there would be a lot more young people diving, and a lot less arrogant people (of any age for that matter).I really have to agree with you. I've got no problem with diving with someone 2 or 3 times my senior provided im treated with respect. I consider the opportunity to dive with experienced divers (older or not) an opportunity to learn.

I love a beer and a good conversation as much as the next guy. If you cant muster up the balls to be social, drink until you can! hooray! :popcorn: :D

rbolander:
If everyone had this attitude, I'd be willing to bet there would be a lot more young people diving, and a lot less arrogant people (of any age for that matter).I really have to agree with you. I've got no problem with diving with someone 2 or 3 times my senior provided im treated with respect. I consider the opportunity to dive with experienced divers (older or not) an opportunity to learn.

Exactly. You've figured out what others three times your age can't seem to grasp. Nicely done.

Definitely, I've had the pleasure to dive with some of the guys here on the SoCal boards (Headhunter, Rickster, etc.). Learned a bit from them and had a lot of fun.

Fortunately it's rare to come across anyone who's stuck up in any way.

Oh, I thought of more! Anyone who may say these:

1) "I have no octo so..."

2) "HA! Check me out! I don't need a weight belt like you, Mr. Backplate! I got INTEGRATED!" (shows off his Balance BC) (actually one of my dive buddies, he always makes fun of my BP/W)

3) "You know how to lure fish? Well you take an urchin and your knife..."

-Francis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom