Top 10 wreck wish list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MDL = minimum deco limits.

Taught in GUE's DIRF (a more conservative ascent than that taught by open water agencies) The OP has presumably taken GUE's DIRF and would know this if he's working on their Tech1.

I kinda doubt the OP will be able to continue with GUE Tech2 given the medical history. They are very conservative with any kind of prior injuries and deco. You should check into this with GUE HQ.

Got it....not being totally privy to GUE's terminology it stumped me. So just how conservative are they talking...sorry for off-topic MattL...but had to ask.?

I plan on taking tech 1 in may when my buddy gets back from over seas

The SS Coolidge in Vanuatu is a good dive. Plan to do 15ish dives as there is alot to do and see. Max depth i went to was 64m outside and 52m inside the ship. Its only 100m from shore and has a brilliant reef for doing the long deco stops (dont need to be deco trained to do any of the dives) so is a great easy dive site.

So just how conservative are they talking...sorry for off-topic MattL...but had to ask.?

I don't really know, but if you try to enroll in a class and tell them you have all sorts of metal (and scar tissue) holding your head together I imagine that might pose some trepidation.

I understand that the OP has a DR's ok to dive, I do too. However, I can say from my own Table 6 experience that scar tissue is lousy at offgassing. And I'm not even doing Tech2 type dives.

My own type I hits in scar tissue are the reason I am not even considering enrolling in Tech2. Although I would like to have the options 2 deco gases provides, experience has demonstrated that my nearly 40yo body is not suitable for those kinds of exposures.

Since the OP has not yet completed GUE-F, my recommendations to slow down and gain experience within your current experience level are even more salient. ALOT may change between now and when he's ready (if ever) for 240ft dives. Undoubtably he'll know more about himself, his skills, and his buddies.

rjack321 how about you till me some good wrecks to dive or get off the thread. I dont till peaple how to dive and I dont want peaple tilling me how to dive I talk to jj about my tech 1 and doing tech 2 18 mouths later so if i got the ok from the man and my doc i dont want to here crap from you about anything this is why i did ag tech 1 and not gue hell maybe ill just go back to that.

I don't really know, but if you try to enroll in a class and tell them you have all sorts of metal (and scar tissue) holding your head together I imagine that might pose some trepidation.

I understand that the OP has a DR's ok to dive, I do too. However, I can say from my own Table 6 experience that scar tissue is lousy at offgassing. And I'm not even doing Tech2 type dives.

My own type I hits in scar tissue are the reason I am not even considering enrolling in Tech2. Although I would like to have the options 2 deco gases provides, experience has demonstrated that my nearly 40yo body is not suitable for those kinds of exposures.

Since the OP has not yet completed GUE-F, my recommendations to slow down and gain experience within your current experience level are even more salient. ALOT may change between now and when he's ready (if ever) for 240ft dives. Undoubtably he'll know more about himself, his skills, and his buddies.

"MDL = minimum deco limits.

Taught in GUE's DIRF (a more conservative ascent than that taught by open water agencies) "-----This is what I was asking about silly.

rjack321 how about you till me some good wrecks to dive or get off the thread. I dont till peaple how to dive and I dont want peaple tilling me how to dive I talk to jj about my tech 1 and doing tech 2 18 mouths later so if i got the ok from the man and my doc i dont want to here crap from you about anything this is why i did ag tech 1 and not gue hell maybe ill just go back to that.

MattL, nobody is attacking you here. You are getting good advice. As the saying goes, "You don't know what you don't know". Doing deep recreational dives and doing deep deco dives where the surface is not an option are two entirely different types of diving. It's great to have ambition but the best advice you can take is to take your time. There are enough wrecks in Tech 1 territory to keep you busy for years and years to come.

I am sorry to hear about your injury in Iraq. Glad you pulled through and thanks for everything you did over there. Safe diving!

MattL, nobody is attacking you here. You are getting good advice. As the saying goes, "You don't know what you don't know". Doing deep recreational dives and doing deep deco dives where the surface is not an option are two entirely different types of diving. It's great to have ambition but the best advice you can take is to take your time. There are enough wrecks in Tech 1 territory to keep you busy for years and years to come.

I am sorry to hear about your injury in Iraq. Glad you pulled through and thanks for everything you did over there. Safe diving!
I all Ready do tech 1 dives and now just moving over to gue tech 1 i could go for tech 2 up nother in a year but im missing out on some cool dives with my buddys becouse there do gue dives only and i get left out so tilling me to slow down or till me that im doing recreational stuff is bs i just asked for wreacks i can take out of the list what ones i want to do and what i feel good doing a 200 ft dive in clear worm water will be done before a cold 180 so on and so.

for all fo you that gave me wreacks to look up thanks so much plz keep them coming:D

Hahahaha - keep the dream dives coming and don't EVER let the dud-heads on this site tell you what you can and can't do. You listen to them and you'll be forever limited by what they feel comfortable doing. What is it that the test pilots used to say? "Will those that say it can't be done please stay the hell out of the way of those that are already doing it?" If you want it bad enough, you'll do the work, pay your dues and you'll get there. - and get back.

Hahahaha - keep the dream dives coming and don't EVER let the dud-heads on this site tell you what you can and can't do. You listen to them and you'll be forever limited by what they feel comfortable doing. What is it that the test pilots used to say? "Will those that say it can't be done please stay the hell out of the way of those that are already doing it?" If you want it bad enough, you'll do the work, pay your dues and you'll get there. - and get back.

thank you for that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom