Tools for repairing BCD and such

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gudu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
IMGA0005.jpg

I've used a sewing awl for repairs on a BC; also made a handy knife sheath. But what's the other contraption? I had a diver's physical for a company back in the 70ies. The doc rolled my limbs with a little device that looks a lot like that.

Good Job and maby the Doc was an ex Saddlery worker :wink:

Glad you ask,
Its rolled with a bit of pressure over a pice of Leather or such. Where it made the tiny imprints from the starwheel thats where your Needle goes. Makes for a nice looking stitch.

Cheers

I've used a sewing awl for repairs on a BC; also made a handy knife sheath. But what's the other contraption? I had a diver's physical for a company back in the 70ies. The doc rolled my limbs with a little device that looks a lot like that.

:blinking:

It looks like a ponce wheel. They are used to perforate a pattern so you can the use a chalk bag to transfer the pattern through the perforations to your material, such as when building a wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom