Tool for SP MK10+, G250, R380

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Yikes, another tool thread?! :) I know there's a lot out there on this, but I was just curious if the SP multi-tool from Scuba Tools will work on the cover of the G250 and R380. If so, it seems like a great value tool since it will also work as an MK10 spanner.

Do people like using this tool, or do you prefer an adjustable spanner for the covers?

(I should mention that I'm awaiting Herman's catalog - if he's got something better I just haven't seen it yet)

Yikes, another tool thread?! :) I know there's a lot out there on this, but I was just curious if the SP multi-tool from Scuba Tools will work on the cover of the G250 and R380. If so, it seems like a great value tool since it will also work as an MK10 spanner.

Do people like using this tool, or do you prefer an adjustable spanner for the covers?

(I should mention that I'm awaiting Herman's catalog - if he's got something better I just haven't seen it yet)

@herman 's catalog is available online... also worth just contacting him directly

Yes, it does. There are cheaper ways to get the desired result. DIY for pennies or if you're not that way inclined contact Herman. I've bought tools from him before, nice prices, well made tools and a lovely guy to boot.

Speaking of Herman, @herman Christmas is coming I'd love to put your lever tool under my tree.

Speaking of Herman, @herman Christmas is coming I'd love to put your lever tool under my tree.

:happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave:

In the spirit of keeping the thread on track, I usually use my palm and a rubber disc, but newly acquired poorly maintained ones frequently need some form of assist. I have used needle nosed pliers with tape on the tips as an acceptable lever to free stuck covers.

YMMV

Last edited:
:happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave::happywave:

In the spirit of keeping the thread on track, I usually use my palm and a rubber disc, but newly acquired poorly maintained ones frequently need some form of assist. I have used needle nosed pliers with tape on the tips as an acceptable lever to free stuck covers.

YMMV

Thought I'd slip it in there, hoping nobody/somebody would notice.

Back on track, I made a tool to remove stuck covers, cost me about $3, I'll post a photo tomorrow.

Thanks - I'd love to see that tool. I got the G250 open by hand but the R380 is tight. I'll see if I can make something up.

I also emailed @herman and am just awaiting his reply. Is there a link to his catalog online?

Joe, thought I returned your email....I will resend it when I get home tonight...I am working today and do not have it available on this computer.
As far as the SP lever tool, I looked at remaking it but I don't have materials on hand and it was a pain to make so I do not plan on making them again. Sales are just not worth the PITA.

Joe, thought I returned your email....I will resend it when I get home tonight...I am working today and do not have it available on this computer.
As far as the SP lever tool, I looked at remaking it but I don't have materials on hand and it was a pain to make so I do not plan on making them again. Sales are just not worth the PITA.

Boo hoo...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom