Took The plunge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobbieTheHun

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Today I registered for the June 16th DIR (F) class in Ft. Lauderdale. Can't wait! Dean M. will be teaching the class. I called GUE to find an instructor close to me and he drew the short straw. I must admit, the short time we spent on the telephone really impressed me, he gave me brief overview of the course and was very professional and down to earth, I feel that I'm in great hands. I'll let you know how I get on, as for now, I'm off to the pool.

RTH

Congratulations -- I remember how excited I was when I got signed up! It's a great class, and you will benefit from it. I won't say it's fun . . . I'm still on the fence about that :)

RobbieTheHun:
Today I registered for the June 16th DIR (F) class in Ft. Lauderdale. Can't wait! Dean M. will be teaching the class. I called GUE to find an instructor close to me and he drew the short straw. I must admit, the short time we spent on the telephone really impressed me, he gave me brief overview of the course and was very professional and down to earth, I feel that I'm in great hands. I'll let you know how I get on, as for now, I'm off to the pool.

RTH

Good luck with the class, if you go in with the right attitude, it will change your diving (even if you think you are *already* doing it right :)

Kray_Z:
how much is it going to run you for everything?
The course is $400. + dives/tanks + tips. I'm guessing that by the time I'm through I will have probably invested around $700-$800. If it’s less, I’ll be happy but I consider it a small price to pay for the level of instruction I’ll be receiving. I'm also going to stay in a hotel close to the instruction site; I haven’t priced that out yet. I also discussed my equipment needs w/Dean and it appears that I have everything I need for the course, so that’s good. Whatever it costs, I know it’s going to be worth it.

RTH

Kray_Z:
ouchy... college+scuba=poor :(
I'm finding out that....anything+scuba=poor

Wow, that's a LOT more than my DIRF cost! Mine was $335, included air fills, and there were no tips. Diving was shore based and didn't involve any charter costs. The only unexpected expense was the $5 to get into the pool to do the swim test.

TSandM:
Wow, that's a LOT more than my DIRF cost! Mine was $335, included air fills, and there were no tips. Diving was shore based and didn't involve any charter costs. The only unexpected expense was the $5 to get into the pool to do the swim test.

maybe it is the new 4-day course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom