Too Much Intuition Makes Me a Nutcase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
Yes but I dont drink and drive any more.
You might have something there... haven't seen the pink UFOs in a while, either...

catherine96821:
LOL,

too funny.

So...here is a question. IF you are on a dive team doing ...say a cave team dive...you can't just "flee" because you get a feeling....

That stops me from getting into "group" ventures a lot. I worry that I will be receiving information and no one will respect my foil hat. Plus, I feel guilty because it can put others in a bad position.

I think we have determined that this is legitimate, but you can reach a point where you are "flighty". I am struggling to control mine lately.
Honestly, I wonder if it is because I worried every single day JB was in combat, hour to hour. Is there such a thing as hypervigilance, you think? Like an overzealous worry habit? A neuro pathway that gets "too" established? I am not a worrier, by nature.

yes, the feeling about predators, like big sharks is real.

Sure you can. Any diver, at any time, for any reason can call a dive. No questions asked. Not in a cave, but I've been there and done that. So has my wife. If your buddy cops a 'tude because you thumb the dive, find a different buddy.

Missdirected:
Box truck :mooner: :D

That was after I pulled it back into the bike lane. He put it out in the street and down a way's.
I guess this confirms Catherine’s suspicion of being safe in the bike lane.

Missdirected:
:rofl3: I try to never ignore those things. Though stupidly I still do from time to time as I am not sure the foil is connected :wink:

The best, most recent example I can give for things like this happening to me, was several months ago.

I was heading to the gas station when, well when, ummm, okay darn it, I let myself run out of gas. :blush: I drive a tiny car, an M3, so I pulled it over into the bike lane. Note, none of my car was out in the regular car lanes. So there I sit like a dummy deciding which friend is going to make the least fun of me and then remember the maid is at my house, less than block from where I am. So I give her a call and she is on her way. Should take her no more than 4-5 minutes to get to me.

After hanging up the phone I decided to sit in my still air conditioned car, with the flashers on, and wait for her. As soon as I made that decision it was followed by another thought. Get out and go stand on the sidewalk - you are about to be hit. I knew in no uncertain terms it was going to be bad. I collected my insurance information out of the glove box, and some other items I knew I would want before the tow truck took the car, I then went and stood on the sidewalk. A minute or so later a box truck slammed into my car doing about 60. I was already dialing 911 as the cars were spinning around.

Oh my gosh. How long ago was this? Good thing you got out. Did they ticket you?

You were going to call a tow truck? Don't you know how to siphon, girl? The gas tastes bad but just chew some gum.

I do get signals from Florida.

True story. My kids used to sleep in a cottage behind my house in Santa Barbara, up in a little orchard. They talked me into it when I bought the house, and I thought "oh, they will get cold or scared, and do it like one night". A year later, they still slept out there with the dog, the parrots, the rabbit. I felt a wee bit guilty cause they were 6 and 8, and essentially sleeping OUTSIDE. Anyway, one night, it is pouring rain and every time I close my eyes to sleep, I see fire. So...at midnight, the rain is not letting up but I decide I must hike back there and drag them into the house, because who knows? maybe God is talking to me and the cottage is going to catch on fire.

They are really po'd cause they were dead asleep and they, by this age, have figured out that I may not be a normal mommy. They get inside and go to sleep. The next morning, I find out that at that exact time, my parent's marina in Punta Gorda, Florida had a massive fire and people were jumping off their boats into the water, etc. Paint rags or something.... My parent's boat at 5 am, the exact time I was seeing fire in California. ???

THEN, the next week, my friend Holly drove her Navigator off the cliffs on the coast highway, one mile from where I was telling our other friend at the horse barn that I had to stop gazing at the ocean on this certain bend (stunning view) because one day I would pull a "Thelma and Louise" and drive right off, at that spot.

A minute later we heard massive sirens. Holly had landed upside down on the tracks below, next to the ocean, and then the train from LA had barrelled into her Navigator in a fiery crash.

The police questioned me later that week because they heard us talking on her answering machine (inadvertently recorded us) and I was telling her to slow down because I felt something bad was going to happen, and they were investigating her death as a suicide.

This factored into me moving to Hawaii. One thing after another. It is better here. I am not kidding, all that was wigging me out. You can laugh at me, but if it happens to you, you will get very uncomfortable.

catherine96821:
Oh my gosh. How long ago was this? Good thing you got out. Did they ticket you?

You were going to call a tow truck? Don't you know how to siphon, girl? The gas tastes bad but just chew some gum.

No they didn't ticket me. I was off the road with flashers on. They did ticket the truck driver though. I don't really think he should have gotten the ticket. There was another car that left that should have gotten the ticket, IMO. The lady at the insurance couldn't believe I wasn't sitting in my car waiting, of course I had to tell her the story. :D Anyway, that was about the middle of summer last year.

Who was I going to siphon gas from :confused: the bicycles going by don't use gas :winky: Why do you know what gas tastes like :hmmm:

Well, if you wearing the thigh high pirate boots, maybe somebody would stop and help you. Silly girl. A tow truck? Doesn't that cost 200 dollars or so?

I thought everybody in Florida carried siphon hoses. No, I was kidding, but I did do it once. Getting the gas flowing by sucking on the hose makes you feel very competent. Then, like majic, it all just flows into your tank. Presto! I look forward to doing it on the boat.

Good thing you got out. So...I guess the car did not explode if there was no gas in it?
Aren't the tanks on those in the back? yikes.

well, it's a fact that the human mind processes information and reaches conclusions so quickly at times that we don't know "how" or "why" we know what we know, but we do ...

i am convinced that so called "instinct" in police officers is just the ability to quickly process the right information and end up with a "gut feeling" that something isn't right ... they do it so quickly they don't even know they're doing it

same for the rest of us ... we just process information and dont' "know it" but we do feel it ...

trust your gut feelings: that's you trying to tell you something

catherine96821:
Well, if you wearing the thigh high pirate boots, maybe somebody would stop and help you. Silly girl. A tow truck? Doesn't that cost 200 dollars or so?

I thought everybody in Florida carried siphon hoses. No, I was kidding, but I did do it once. Getting the gas flowing by sucking on the hose makes you feel very competent. Then, like majic, it all just flows into your tank. Presto! I look forward to doing it on the boat.

Good thing you got out. So...I guess the car did not explode if there was no gas in it?
Aren't the tanks on those in the back? yikes.

No, I knew I was going to get hit; hence, I would need a tow truck to get my car to the shop...

Hmmm, never thought of the boots. Guess I should put them in my trunk :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom