Too Much Intuition Makes Me a Nutcase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When the little voice yells, I stop at green lights. It has not been wrong yet.

:rofl3: I try to never ignore those things. Though stupidly I still do from time to time as I am not sure the foil is connected :wink:

The best, most recent example I can give for things like this happening to me, was several months ago.

I was heading to the gas station when, well when, ummm, okay darn it, I let myself run out of gas. :blush: I drive a tiny car, an M3, so I pulled it over into the bike lane. Note, none of my car was out in the regular car lanes. So there I sit like a dummy deciding which friend is going to make the least fun of me and then remember the maid is at my house, less than block from where I am. So I give her a call and she is on her way. Should take her no more than 4-5 minutes to get to me.

After hanging up the phone I decided to sit in my still air conditioned car, with the flashers on, and wait for her. As soon as I made that decision it was followed by another thought. Get out and go stand on the sidewalk - you are about to be hit. I knew in no uncertain terms it was going to be bad. I collected my insurance information out of the glove box, and some other items I knew I would want before the tow truck took the car, I then went and stood on the sidewalk. A minute or so later a box truck slammed into my car doing about 60. I was already dialing 911 as the cars were spinning around.

tedj01:
When the little voice yells, I stop at green lights. It has not been wrong yet.
Yeah, but have you ever stopped at a stop sign, and waited for it to turn green...

Missdirected:
:rofl3: I try to never ignore those things. Though stupidly I still do from time to time as I am not sure the foil is connected :wink:

The best, most recent example I can give for things like this happening to me, was several months ago.

I was heading to the gas station when, well when, ummm, okay darn it, I let myself run out of gas. :blush: I drive a tiny car, an M3, so I pulled it over into the bike lane. Note, none of my car was out in the regular car lanes. So there I sit like a dummy deciding which friend is going to make the least fun of me and then remember the maid is at my house, less than block from where I am. So I give her a call and she is on her way. Should take her no more than 4-5 minutes to get to me.

After hanging up the phone I decided to sit in my air conditioned car, with the flashers on, and wait for her. As soon as I made that decision it was followed by another thought. Get out and go stand on the sidewalk - you are about to be hit. I knew in no uncertain terms it was going to be bad. I collected my insurance information out of the car, and some other items I knew I would want before the tow truck took the car, I then went and stood on the sidewalk. A minute or so later a box truck slammed into my car doing about 60. I was already dialing 911 as the cars were spinning around.
Did the insurance company buy that you had the paperwork out of the car BEFORE the wreck? If so, which insurance company, I need to change.:D
How did you run your AC if you were out of gas?:wink:

BKP:
Yeah, but have you ever stopped at a stop sign, and waited for it to turn green...
Yes but I dont drink and drive any more.

catherine96821:
LOL,

too funny.

So...here is a question. IF you are on a dive team doing ...say a cave team dive...you can't just "flee" because you get a feeling....

That stops me from getting into "group" ventures a lot. I worry that I will be receiving information and no one will respect my foil hat. Plus, I feel guilty because it can put others in a bad position.

I think we have determined that this is legitimate, but you can reach a point where you are "flighty". I am struggling to control mine lately.
Honestly, I wonder if it is because I worried every single day JB was in combat, hour to hour. Is there such a thing as hypervigilance, you think? Like an overzealous worry habit? A neuro pathway that gets "too" established? I am not a worrier, by nature.

yes, the feeling about predators, like big sharks is real.
It depends on how much money I spent on the dive trip as to whether it’s a bummer when someone wants to bail early because of a feeling. :D

Yes, the overzealous worry habit anxiety thing is fairly common when you empathetically feel a fight or flight sensation for another person and there’s nothing you can do about it. All you can really control is your response to whatever may happen, and not try to anticipate another’s responses. Easy to say, but more than once I’ve felt that way when my wife’s on a tough cross-country course and I wish I could ride it for her.

Hey Catherine, maybe you should talk to Evelyn, she seems to have this problem nailed! :)

Wildcard:
Did the insurance company buy that you had the paperwork out of the car BEFORE the wreck? If so, which insurance company, I need to change.:D
How did you run your AC if you were out of gas?:wink:

It was still cool compared to the outside hot humid temps we have here. Yes, I told the insurance company about it. Heck I told everyone about it! The officer couldn't believe it, he assumed I was in the car when it was hit.

m31.jpg

I thought a truck hit you? Was it a Tonka truck? LOL...Glad you listened and got out.

Wildcard:
I thought a truck hit you? Was it a Tonka truck? LOL...Glad you listened and got out.

Box truck :mooner: :D

That was after I pulled it back into the bike lane. He put it out in the street and down a way's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom