Too Much Intuition Makes Me a Nutcase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Yesterday evening, we went through the whole load the bikes, check the tire pressure, make the drinks to prepare for a great bike ride. We get to the highway and go about one mile and I say we have to turn back because I feel that I will get hit by a car this evening. Poor JB.

I thought about it and the thing that was making me nuts was that the traffic sounded different. It was about 5 pm New year's Day. It seemed everybody was in a hurry, applying their brakes differently...I don't know. The sounds were not smooth and I felt a lot of chaotic energy on the road. Then I saw these birds flap off in a big group, like in a movie where something profounding bad was getting ready to happen...like an omen.

Sometimes I feel fine, other times, even when diving, the energy on the reef changes. I trust it, I live by it, but sometimes I feel guilty and apologize when changing my mind for no reason. Am I a moonbat?

One reason I solo dive is that I get pulled by these feelings that are not logical.
I cannot change it, and I believe it keeps me alive to a big extent. To be with me when I get these preminitions probably sucks. Now, I am not claiming to be clairvoyant in any useful way, but I have seen things fly off the back of trucks before we make the bend and it happens. It is very disconcerting, just so you know.

"Am I a moonbat?"
Is this a rhetorical question?

"Then I saw these birds flap off in a big group, like in a movie where something profounding bad was getting ready to happen...like an omen."
Did you rember to take your meds today?

Sorry, you asked for it! Your right, I have the same thing, guidance beyond any level I can understand. Guardian angels Mom calls them. Ive made call in the field that there is no way I could have know what was wrong but I have been dead on right with my Tx. I get grilled at the ER, "what made you think that was wrong with them?" I can't answer but it's always right. Just gotta figure out how to make this work for the lotto!

catherine96821:
Yesterday evening, we went through the whole load the bikes, check the tire pressure, make the drinks to prepare for a great bike ride. We get to the highway and go about one mile and I say we have to turn back because I feel that I will get hit by a car this evening. Poor JB.

I thought about it and the thing that was making me nuts was that the traffic sounded different. It was about 5 pm New year's Day. It seemed everybody was in a hurry, applying their brakes differently...I don't know. The sounds were not smooth and I felt a lot of chaotic energy on the road. Then I saw these birds flap off in a big group, like in a movie where something profounding bad was getting ready to happen...like an omen.

Sometimes I feel fine, other times, even when diving, the energy on the reef changes. I trust it, I live by it, but sometimes I feel guilty and apologize when changing my mind for no reason. Am I a moonbat?

One reason I solo dive is that I get pulled by these feelings that are not logical.
I cannot change it, and I believe it keeps me alive to a big extent. To be with me when I get these preminitions probably sucks. Now, I am not claiming to be clairvoyant in any useful way, but I have seen things fly off the back of trucks before we make the bend and it happens. It is very disconcerting, just so you know.

If your gut tells you something is wrong, or just does not feel right; go with it. You are safer if for no other reason than you are not distracted.

I'll bet JB thinks being with you is wonderful whether or not you are premonitioning. :D

Do you see dead people?

It’s obvious you’re a nutcase as you hang out with all the other nuts here at SB, but you could never qualify as a moonbat without a radical change in your political perspective.

It’s a very good point that if something doesn’t feel right, it won’t be right if only because you’re distracted by the feeling. Now would you work on refining that clairvoyance to the point I can get a few good stock tips.

To me intuition is when experience subconsciously monitors reality.

I ride motorcycles (40,000+ miles on 2 wheels) and I have had times where I've completely geared up, backed the bike out of the drive, and fired it up only to pull it back in the garage because "something didn't feel right." I can't explain it and don't try. Will I ever know for sure if the feeling is real or not? Nope, cause I never ride once that feeling comes over me.

At least your gut feelings are helpful!

I have, like, "reverse intuition." I worry about and forsee all kinds of scary stuff all the time, but it's never the stuff that I worry about that happens - it's the other stuff that I never anticipate.

Intuition can save your life.

I was working once, several years ago, and spotted this vehicle that just screamed "stop me". I followed that car for over a mile and-a-half, trying to decide whether or not to turn on the overheads. What stopped me was my hair, standing up on the back of my neck. I turned around and let the vehicle go, though there was nothing I could pinpoint that should make me nervous.

Later, an investigator contacted me and told me that he had learned there was a substantial amount of meth being transported inside that car. Then intention of the driver was to "shoot the cop" if he were to get stopped.

I trust my intuition.

exactly.

thanks, just checking to see if anyone else actually acted on this very often.

I was intrigued today, remembering how different the traffic sounds were. It just overpowered me on some level. People were drifting into the bike lane more than usual, radios blasting more than most days, sort of a *distractedness* I was picking up on. Very very vague, but could not brush it off.

Back
Top Bottom